Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
JetBlue and Lyft

New partnership:

https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/trueblue/lyft
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:15 pm

Nice. Will definitely use this moving forward.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
That's about...50 cents a ride?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:28 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Used Lyft last night. The 750 TrueBlue first-timer bonus points + 30 points for the ride to the airport posted today. ^

Here's the link to register for the 750 point promo: https://www.lyft.com/jetblue/first
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I totally forgot about this. I took an Uber ride to the airport the other day instead, and earned 12.5 JetBlue points through ThanksAgain. I'll have to keep this in mind, although I think the cost difference between Uber and Lyft outweighs the benefit.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by diburning
I think the cost difference between Uber and Lyft outweighs the benefit.
Can you enlighten me? I always thought the 2 were on par.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:04 pm

Here in Boston, UberX is ever so slightly less than Lyft. For longer distance rides such as my house to the airport, I can pay $5-10 less on UberX than Lyft. For most other rides, UberX costs less by a a few dimes or so.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:06 pm

Interesting. I just started using LYFT on account of this JetBlue promo so I will pay close attention here in NY as well and see if there is a disparity.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:13 pm

Uber (not sure about Lyft) in NYC is more expensive because all of the drivers are required to be licensed by the Taxi and Limo Commission.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:17 pm

I'm pretty sure that's a city or state law so LYFT would have the same restrictions. Not sure what the law is in other parts of NYS.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by diburning
Uber (not sure about Lyft) in NYC is more expensive because all of the drivers are required to be licensed by the Taxi and Limo Commission.
In New York City both Lyft and Uber require TLC Vehicle Inspection (that gets you the TLC sticker on the window), TLC "For Hire" License for the driver (the the picture ID card displayed in the car from TLC), Certificate of Liability (COL) Commercial insurance in the driver's name.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I Signed Up When Promo Came Out No Points Yet

I will try to signup again. 2-3x Lyft rides to the airport & never saw any points in my account.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 6:47 am

Having taken a few rides this week, it appears that the points post immediately. I'm not sure how they can tell whether it's an airport ride, but I actually only took one ride to the airport, yet was credited for a bunch (seven) other rides to a location that's near but not in the airport. So, I don't know if being on airport property triggers the bonus, or if being charged an airport fee triggers it.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:52 am

What kind of points?

For the points you get through the Lyft partnership, do they post as Base points or Bonus points? If they happen to be Base points, that suddenly makes the partnership a lot more interesting.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FliegendesBrot
For the points you get through the Lyft partnership, do they post as Base points or Bonus points? If they happen to be Base points, that suddenly makes the partnership a lot more interesting.
Bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.