Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Apply for card, immediately book?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

If I apply for a JetBlue card and be approved, can I IMMEDIATELY use it (somehow) to book a JetBlue flight?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't think so. You need the physical card to get the numbers to be able to generate a charge.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Anyway, I applied and selected the overnight shipping option. Was approved within 10 seconds.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, SPG Gold
FYI, I was able to put the charges of a previously booked reservation on my new JetBlue card.

For anyone who needs to book a flight now but doesn't have the card yet, I suggest just paying with some other credit card and change the payment method later by phone.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: AA, ICH, Avis, SPG
Originally Posted by dxue2012
FYI, I was able to put the charges of a previously booked reservation on my new JetBlue card.

For anyone who needs to book a flight now but doesn't have the card yet, I suggest just paying with some other credit card and change the payment method later by phone.
isnt the payment made immediately on the card you give at booking? will they credit that card and charge the new jetblue card?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: GE
Originally Posted by OAK AAFlier
isnt the payment made immediately on the card you give at booking? will they credit that card and charge the new jetblue card?
Apparently yes: http://thepointsguy.com/2016/08/char...jetblue-cards/
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Yep

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
If I apply for a JetBlue card and be approved, can I IMMEDIATELY use it (somehow) to book a JetBlue flight?
Doubt it's different with Barclays but I could with AMEX. On approval they give you card number with temporary CID that allowed me to book. As I was able to do same with Barclays Apple card, I imagine they do with the B6 card
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:11 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Unfortunately, for the JetBlue card, Barclays does not give an option for a temporary number that can be issued immediately. But as OP pointed out, you can get the physical card expedited (for a fee).
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:25 pm

I applied last week and still have yet to receive my card. I want to be booking my flights!!!
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by dw
Unfortunately, for the JetBlue card, Barclays does not give an option for a temporary number that can be issued immediately. But as OP pointed out, you can get the physical card expedited (for a fee).
i just applied for this card and was approved - I called customer service to expedite the card and they said they couldn’t. Anyone know how I can switch shipping? I have flights to book and thought I’d be able to use it immediately
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum
I was in the same boat. I called for a temporary number and they told me I had to wait for the card. It took about a week for the cards to arrive.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Afitz1210
i just applied for this card and was approved - I called customer service to expedite the card and they said they couldn’t. Anyone know how I can switch shipping? I have flights to book and thought I’d be able to use it immediately
As it turns out, you'll have to wait for it to show up (or book with another card). There is no expedited shipping option for JB products from Barclays.

-J.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
As it turns out, you'll have to wait for it to show up (or book with another card). There is no expedited shipping option for JB products from Barclays.

-J.
I was told the same thing. Asked to speak to a manager and it was expedited for $15 next day. It's explicitly in their Terms before applying for the card. The wordings are wonky though.
"Express Delivery: If you are approved for an account your card will be sent via next day FedEx delivery after your account is opened if your request for express delivery is made before 3:00pm ET of that day. If the request is made after 3:00pm ET delivery will be made the following day. Delivery will be made only to your home address and a signature is required. "
Old Jan 23, 2024, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by ravi98842
I was told the same thing. Asked to speak to a manager and it was expedited for $15 next day. It's explicitly in their Terms before applying for the card. The wordings are wonky though.
"Express Delivery: If you are approved for an account your card will be sent via next day FedEx delivery after your account is opened if your request for express delivery is made before 3:00pm ET of that day. If the request is made after 3:00pm ET delivery will be made the following day. Delivery will be made only to your home address and a signature is required. "
Yes, that's a new development since I posted that a year and a half ago

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.