Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The wonderful thing is that op-ups to Mint are done before boarding begins, so there's no way they would know about no-shows until after the op-up is processed. The OLCI cutoff is actually after boarding begins (except for international flights) so it's entirely possible for the flight to end up going out with op-ups with seats open in the back
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:25 am

I originally booked 3 tickets for Blue fare BOS-LAS for $233 & Mint was $1149 at the time (February booking for May trip). Mint went down to $599 in the last few weeks, so I called JetBlue & upgraded the tickets by paying difference in fare (no change fee).
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hi there, new to JetBlue and this forum! I usually travel OneWorld, mostly BA and AA.
Excited to do my first LAX-JFK in Mint. The outbound leg is in economy though. Is there a way to upgrade to Mint from "manage my flight" page?
Is there a change fee? Are there any airport offers or special upgrade sales, maybe closer to departure?

Any insides is much appreciated since I am a total jetblue newbie.
THank you!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hyperspace
Is there a way to upgrade to Mint from "manage my flight" page?
Is there a change fee? Are there any airport offers or special upgrade sales, maybe closer to departure?
Buy-up in advance is based on fare difference; no change fee. You have to call IIRC.

At the airport you can buy up if seats are unsold. It is a fixed price based on route last I checked. And no guarantee that the fixed price will be less than the fare difference. I think JFK-LAX was $649 for the at-gate upfare recently. More details about those rates are a few posts back in this thread.
diburning likes this.

Last edited by sbm12; Sep 16, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:04 pm

Thank you for the reply!

if I purchase “even more space” would that be either refunded or accounted for when I upgrade, or I just forfait that?

again, thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hyperspace
Thank you for the reply!

if I purchase “even more space” would that be either refunded or accounted for when I upgrade, or I just forfait that?

again, thanks!
Reports are mixed but many claim success in asking for it to be refunded when on the phone with the agent making the change.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Reports are mixed but many claim success in asking for it to be refunded when on the phone with the agent making the change.
Thanks for the reply!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
So you're saying there's a chance?

So I just read this entire thread. I have never flown the mint product but my wife did LAX-JFK and loved it. She was dissapointed that all the pods were taken by the time she booked it last minute, But loved it none the less. And I should add that she flew the delta one product on the return and it compared well only no lounge at jet blue.

OIkay --My situation is that I only fly JFK-LAX and LAX-JFK about 4 times a year with an 8 year old in tow--and i am looking to swtich from AA to Jet Blue coach.

So what are my chances of being upgraded to Mint at the gate? Just kidding. Couldn't resist.

Last edited by Edwardvan; Sep 18, 2018 at 12:13 pm Reason: wrong airport
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Free agent
The pods are really the best way to go TCON these days. I've got a pair of RT's for work coming up in a month or so and I'll be in 2A both legs out!
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:42 pm

i would say if you are willing to fly on Saturdays, there are still some cheap fares open.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
JFK-LAX last night on the 10:35 PM flight. I inquired about an upgrade to Mint (ExpertFlyer showered J6) and was told $689. As I had 6A with no one in 6B I declined.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: Free agent
689 at J6? That's steep.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG
Any success (or datapoints) during COVID pandemic?

Flying east to visit my mom in a week — then back a week later — and curious if anyone has had success upgrading to Mint, either by paying at the gate or asking for a complimentary upgrade. Anyone have datapoints from the last seven months, and ideally the last three months?
Old Oct 14, 2020, 4:27 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
There are no complimentary upgrades, and as far as I know, Mint is also capacity controlled (aisle seats are not used unless you're traveling with someone) If a seat is available (window or suite) then you would be paying a flat fee at the gate to move up. The rate depends on the route, and I don't know what they're charging these days.

You can also upfare to Mint prior to T-24 for no fees, just the fare difference, by calling in. If your fare difference (not sure what they're charging for Mint during these times) is less than $400, it's a better idea to upfare instead of buying up at the gate. (Prior to the pandemic, they were charging something like $549 at the gate to upgrade to Mint)
Old Oct 14, 2020, 4:51 am

My friend (non-Mosaic) was able to upgrade from EMS to Mint one hour before boarding at the gate for $309 for JFK-LAS and then LAS-JFK last month. Snagged the 2nd to last Mint seat and the last Mint seat, respectively.

Originally Posted by diburning
There are no complimentary upgrades, and as far as I know, Mint is also capacity controlled (aisle seats are not used unless you're traveling with someone) If a seat is available (window or suite) then you would be paying a flat fee at the gate to move up. The rate depends on the route, and I don't know what they're charging these days.

You can also upfare to Mint prior to T-24 for no fees, just the fare difference, by calling in. If your fare difference (not sure what they're charging for Mint during these times) is less than $400, it's a better idea to upfare instead of buying up at the gate. (Prior to the pandemic, they were charging something like $549 at the gate to upgrade to Mint)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.