Jetblue Upgrades

Old Mar 17, 18, 2:28 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
The wonderful thing is that op-ups to Mint are done before boarding begins, so there's no way they would know about no-shows until after the op-up is processed. The OLCI cutoff is actually after boarding begins (except for international flights) so it's entirely possible for the flight to end up going out with op-ups with seats open in the back
Old Apr 23, 18, 8:25 am

I originally booked 3 tickets for Blue fare BOS-LAS for $233 & Mint was $1149 at the time (February booking for May trip). Mint went down to $599 in the last few weeks, so I called JetBlue & upgraded the tickets by paying difference in fare (no change fee).
Old Sep 16, 18, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi there, new to JetBlue and this forum! I usually travel OneWorld, mostly BA and AA.
Excited to do my first LAX-JFK in Mint. The outbound leg is in economy though. Is there a way to upgrade to Mint from "manage my flight" page?
Is there a change fee? Are there any airport offers or special upgrade sales, maybe closer to departure?

Any insides is much appreciated since I am a total jetblue newbie.
THank you!
Old Sep 16, 18, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hyperspace View Post
Is there a way to upgrade to Mint from "manage my flight" page?
Is there a change fee? Are there any airport offers or special upgrade sales, maybe closer to departure?
Buy-up in advance is based on fare difference; no change fee. You have to call IIRC.

At the airport you can buy up if seats are unsold. It is a fixed price based on route last I checked. And no guarantee that the fixed price will be less than the fare difference. I think JFK-LAX was $649 for the at-gate upfare recently. More details about those rates are a few posts back in this thread.
diburning likes this.

Last edited by sbm12; Sep 16, 18 at 2:55 pm
Old Sep 16, 18, 3:04 pm

Thank you for the reply!

if I purchase “even more space” would that be either refunded or accounted for when I upgrade, or I just forfait that?

again, thanks!
Old Sep 16, 18, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hyperspace View Post
Thank you for the reply!

if I purchase “even more space” would that be either refunded or accounted for when I upgrade, or I just forfait that?

again, thanks!
Reports are mixed but many claim success in asking for it to be refunded when on the phone with the agent making the change.
Old Sep 17, 18, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Reports are mixed but many claim success in asking for it to be refunded when on the phone with the agent making the change.
Thanks for the reply!
Old Sep 18, 18, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
So you're saying there's a chance?

So I just read this entire thread. I have never flown the mint product but my wife did LAX-JFK and loved it. She was dissapointed that all the pods were taken by the time she booked it last minute, But loved it none the less. And I should add that she flew the delta one product on the return and it compared well only no lounge at jet blue.

OIkay --My situation is that I only fly JFK-LAX and LAX-JFK about 4 times a year with an 8 year old in tow--and i am looking to swtich from AA to Jet Blue coach.

So what are my chances of being upgraded to Mint at the gate? Just kidding. Couldn't resist.

Last edited by Edwardvan; Sep 18, 18 at 12:13 pm Reason: wrong airport
Old Sep 18, 18, 2:01 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic
The pods are really the best way to go TCON these days. I've got a pair of RT's for work coming up in a month or so and I'll be in 2A both legs out!
Old Sep 18, 18, 2:42 pm

i would say if you are willing to fly on Saturdays, there are still some cheap fares open.
Old Oct 21, 18, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
JFK-LAX last night on the 10:35 PM flight. I inquired about an upgrade to Mint (ExpertFlyer showered J6) and was told $689. As I had 6A with no one in 6B I declined.
Old Oct 22, 18, 11:53 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
689 at J6? That's steep.