Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird pricing glitch

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Weird pricing glitch

I'm looking to book a flight in Oct. I see the same fare on both Kayak and Google Flights but when I click through to book the flight on the Jet Blue flight it is several hundred dollars higher. Is it common for Kayak and Jet Blue to show phantom Jet Blue fares? Any reason to think those sites are somehow tapping into a lower fare that isn't yet available on the Jet Blue site?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:50 am

Yes, I found the same thing on Sunday and again today. One example was a BOS-RSW flight listed as 137 one way vs 318 on jetblue.com
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Book the higher priced flight on the B6 Website, then screenshot orbitz and get a $100 credit from this policy:

http://www.jetblue.com/flying-on-jet...Blue#best-fare
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hi55us
Book the higher priced flight on the B6 Website, then screenshot orbitz and get a $100 credit from this policy:

Unless I'm missing something, the $100 price-match credit policy has some serious flaws. First off, JetBlue doesn't actually match the lower fare (in this case over $150 difference). Secondly, the $100 credit you receive is "nontransferable, valid for one year from date of issuance, and good for future travel only. [It] cannot be applied toward the current flight purchase."

Am I wrong?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hi55us

Who said the same price is available on the OTAs? And odds are they'll deny the claim when it reprices on the final purchase page of those sites, too.

There have been some caching problems with ITA (both Kayak & GFlights use ITA as their underlying technology) and certain carriers in the past. Seems like JetBlue is getting more of these, unfortunately.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by sbm12
Who said the same price is available on the OTAs? And odds are they'll deny the claim when it reprices on the final purchase page of those sites, too.

There have been some caching problems with ITA (both Kayak & GFlights use ITA as their underlying technology) and certain carriers in the past. Seems like JetBlue is getting more of these, unfortunately.
I assumed it was a fare match + $100... I'll have to ask my friend who used this before.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I've had situations where Expedia prices out cheaper than JetBlue.com. Not always but it has happened where the difference is significant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.