Wiki Posts
Search

ATC channel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nyctravis
Any updates?
Don't expect it to be working any time soon.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Is there any specific person or way we should be contacting JetBlue to ask for the ATC channel?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by jetsetter
Is there any specific person or way we should be contacting JetBlue to ask for the ATC channel?
Do you think it would help?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:55 pm

I use WiFi + the LiveATC app. Came in handy the one time we had a problem with the aircraft mid-flight and I was curious as to why the pilot had deviated from flight plan and I knew before the FAs that we were returning back to JFK.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by KRSW
I use WiFi + the LiveATC app.
Same here, I might have also forgot to go into airplane mode on the phone until just after we were cleared to "line up and wait" during a long taxi....
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:11 pm

I use WiFi + the LiveATC app. Came in handy the one time we had a problem with the aircraft mid-flight and I was curious as to why the pilot had deviated from flight plan and I knew before the FAs that we were returning back to JFK.
I tried doing this but had trouble staying up with and finding the right frequencies/channels while in-flight. Any tips?
Old May 2, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by nyctravis
I tried doing this but had trouble staying up with and finding the right frequencies/channels while in-flight. Any tips?
If you're departing NY it's a bit cuckoo as once you get handed off from departure to a higher level center frequency, there's about 30 different options you could be on. I once managed to track a HA flight (at my house using iPad+iPhone) from Ground/Taxi all the way up to a NY Center controller somewhere over Pennsylvania but I lost them after they got handed off to another center controller. And just finding/getting to that CTR frequency took tons of googling and looking for maps with frequencies-it would've likely been impossible to do if I'd actually been on a flight (without gate to gate wifi that is). Occasionally you can use the "RADAR" code inside the FR24 app and google that code to find out who's radar is tracking you from the ground and try to google that code for a frequency, then find the right one on LiveATC. It's a complicated PITA and now, after writing this I realize what a hardcore avgeek I am ;-p
If you have any questions I'd be happy to help if you want to DM me.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by FBWFTW
If you're departing NY it's a bit cuckoo as once you get handed off from departure to a higher level center frequency, there's about 30 different options you could be on.
Wow, sounds complicated, but I love how you've clearly thought this out! Will definitely DM you. Thanks!
Old May 4, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Out of curiosity-how did you deduce the correct Center channel on LiveATC? Was it an easy one like IND_CTR or one where there's only one channel? Finding the right ones from the list of available Center channels (Up/down east coast particularly) can be super tough!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Any recent updates?

See the UI, but no sound.

Any updates on if/when it will become operational?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:20 pm

Never.

The company has, AFAIK, scrapped plans to even try. I'm actually surprised you saw the UI for it. Last I looked it was removed from the listings.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
What you really want is this: https://www.uniden.com/scanner/id-BC..._Alpha_Tagging I have one and it is great, once you learn how to program it. A fabulous plane spotter/avgeek tool. Put me in the second category.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
That's not an approved electronic device for inflight use unfortunately.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: TrueBlue
Originally Posted by sbm12
Never.

The company has, AFAIK, scrapped plans to even try. I'm actually surprised you saw the UI for it. Last I looked it was removed from the listings.
I’m on a Mint 321 JFK-SFO at the moment, and channel 1024 ATC is still listed in the UI.

I’ll check for audio in a bit when I pull my bag down, but it wasn’t working in December, so I’m not expecting any change.

edit : Nope, no audio. As usual able to pick it up on LiveATC. Pretty sure that it’s not coming. Maybe on the 321LRs, but I doubt that too since they’d be using those on the trans-Atlantic routes.

Last edited by TBeecherII; Feb 4, 2018 at 1:01 pm
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:48 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
I am currently on board JBU833 from BOS to SFO, tail number N937JB. No changes. ATC channel is listed in the UI, but is completely silent when selected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.