Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Gouging

NORTH AMERICAN informal
"overcharge";" swindle."

Your family could visit you.

a) what may be an overcharge to you is not an overcharge to everyone else.
b) wow.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLIHGH
b) wow.
My family from Holland visited me in Boston for the first time ever after 11 years. Beforehand, I always traveled to AMS.
It's nice if someone shows the effort and visits you.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Flew to LAS over Thanksgiving. Paid $800 roundtrip. Las Vegas was not cheap either. Hotel: $200+ /night. Cocktails: $16+. Dinner: $70+ pp. Show tickets: $180+.
I easily blew $2000 just for 4 days. And I didn't even had fun all the time.
I think this will be the last time I fly domestic over Thanksgiving. Airfare is just outrageous.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Flew to LAS over Thanksgiving. Paid $800 roundtrip. Las Vegas was not cheap either. Hotel: $200+ /night. Cocktails: $16+. Dinner: $70+ pp. Show tickets: $180+.
I think this will be the last time I fly domestic over Thanksgiving. Airfare is just outrageous.
Oddly enough, for me, this Thanksgiving was far cheaper than last year, and I even flew Tuesday-Sunday this time. Last year I flew Monday before-Tuesday after and still paid more.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLIHGH
Oddly enough, for me, this Thanksgiving was far cheaper than last year, and I even flew Tuesday-Sunday this time. Last year I flew Monday before-Tuesday after and still paid more.
I flew Wednesday - Sunday. Obviously the most expensive days of the year.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Is any of this surprising??
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Is any of this surprising??
I know, I was stupid.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I've gone to Walt Disney World for the Princess races at the end of President's Week for the past 3 years now. Getting there is not an issue but coming back on Sun. Feb. 21 or even Mon. Feb. 22 is insane. Some of the OW flights between MCO-NY are over $600 one way. And it's not like there is lack of supply in the market. In the past I've used points for that day.

This time, I ended up booking my return on AA for $246 including a MCE seat. Still have yet to book the trip down.

I also fly to California over MLK weekend for other RunDisney races and it ends up cheaper than Florida over President's week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.