Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

seat selection on Jetblue: back or front seat?

Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

If I am not paying for the "Even More Space" for the one-hour short flight, is it better to choose a front row or back row seating?

I may have a carry-on, and I believe JetBlue boards back row seat first, so I am thinking I should get a seat in last five rows so that I can get on to get the overhead bin space?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
You should have no problem finding overhead bin space. Even with two full flights last week for me there was room.

Do you have a connection? It is really personal preference.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLIHGH
You should have no problem finding overhead bin space. Even with two full flights last week for me there was room.

Do you have a connection? It is really personal preference.
No I don't have connection. They'll be a non-stop between long beach to las vegas and a nonstop between Long Beach and SFO. My carry-on is a pretty expensive Rimowa cabin trolley, so I prefer not to check it.

I am just wondering if you'll be virtually guaranteed a spot in overhead bin if you pick a seat in, for example, Row 24 on an A320.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Your rear of plane strategy is sound, however I've rarely had trouble finding overhead space on domestic A320s.
YMMV
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:08 pm

Pay extra for EMS, and you board first.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:57 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Long Beach boards (and exits) from the front and back of the plane, as they don't have jetways there.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Long Beach boards (and exits) from the front and back of the plane, as they don't have jetways there.
What does having a jetway or not have to do with boarding process?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
What does having a jetway or not have to do with boarding process?
In LGB, they board from the front and back at the same time. With a jetbridge, they can only use one door at a time.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLIHGH
In LGB, they board from the front and back at the same time. With a jetbridge, they can only use one door at a time.
Then I guess I better go line up before they make the boarding announcement at the LGB gate.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:16 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Front of the plane has a long and winding ramp (for wheelchairs), back has stairs.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Front of the plane has a long and winding ramp (for wheelchairs), back has stairs.
Not always. Last trip out of LGB had stairs at the front only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.