Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue announces "Mint" for forward cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue announces "Mint" for forward cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
I don't think that I've seen this mentioned before, so I wanted to share the good news =)

sbm12, what else can we look forward too?

Last edited by FTcadence; Jun 10, 2014 at 10:57 am
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FTcadence
sbm12, what else can we look forward too?
The ATC channel is not live yet, though they expect it soon.

I did the media/test experience this morning and it was very, very nice. I really think that JetBlue has built a different and solid product with Mint. It is not perfect, but they know that and they are working through a lot of the finer points but the meal service was delicious. And the seat and such are top notch as well.

"Trip" report from today is here: http://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/201...emium-product/. More to come on Sunday.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
The ATC channel is not live yet, though they expect it soon.
Will the ATC channel be offered on all aircraft receiving the LiveTV upgrade, or just the Mint fleet?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 14940674
Will the ATC channel be offered on all aircraft receiving the LiveTV upgrade, or just the Mint fleet?
It will be a core part of the LTV4 offering and available on all aircraft which receive the product. All new A321s will have it upon delivery (pending resolution of the technical issues to make it live) and the A320s are expected to start their retrofit in Q1 '15 following STC issuance from the FAA. Not sure about the E90s but I'm guessing yes there as well with an even later EIS date.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by bennos
The pick 3 of 5 tapas thing seems weird... I can understand not wanting to do a full meal service, but for a premium product it's strange to be limited like that. And the actual cost of a full catering (have all 5!) can't be more than $10/pp.
Hawaiian Airlines had the same tapas deal for a long time. It was actually very good, and far superior to the traditional food offerings they now serve.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Also, will there be pillows, blankets and headphones distributed?
Yes. The headphones were nice, though not NC. The pillow/blanket were huge and comfy.
Originally Posted by dw
While it looks really good, being able to choose 3 items seems like it'll give you more of a snack rather than a full meal service for a 5-6 hour flight.
It was quite filling, actually. Plus very tasty and nice to have options and variety.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
sbm, do you know how soon we are talking for the ATC? I'd love it for my mint flight a week from today.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLIHGH
sbm, do you know how soon we are talking for the ATC? I'd love it for my mint flight a week from today.
Not that soon.

Couple months yet, I think.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: Thai
Looking at the video's, You better be a relatively thin person to make your way to the inside seat and forget trying to get out when the aisle seat is in the lie flat state.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:24 am
Original Poster

It is no worse than with any of the other 2-2 layouts flying.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cameron38
Looking at the video's, You better be a relatively thin person to make your way to the inside seat and forget trying to get out when the aisle seat is in the lie flat state.
All staggered J product is like that. Pitch seems tight due to the way the beds are configured.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
I did the media/test experience this morning and it was very, very nice. I really think that JetBlue has built a different and solid product with Mint. It is not perfect, but they know that and they are working through a lot of the finer points but the meal service was delicious. And the seat and such are top notch as well.
I saw the menu on another site. I agree with the majority of commenters there; it doesn't sound so great. Wish they would stay away from all that weird, rich people food.

Last edited by vatraveler; Jun 12, 2014 at 7:59 pm
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:44 pm

If I want a snack later on, I might go for the turkey or roast beef sandwich from the back. Even if I have to pay the $10.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by BiggerisnotBetter
what is Jetblue's plan when one of the rare airbi planes to have flatbed seats goes mechanical?
Maybe they will rebook you in first class on Virgin America!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Is the inaugural flight for the Mint fleet tomorrow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.