Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue announces "Mint" for forward cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Press event/release at 2pm today but USA Today has the story early: http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...liers/2792863/.

I've been in the seats and seen some of the menu/amenity kit stuff already. It is pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing more this afternoon.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:59 pm

$499 sounds good

Well I am pretty excited about Mint, but still have many questions!

Tapas - sounds interesting but does it mean that Jetblue will stick with serving cold food only? Not too great if it is a J product/

Baggage - any extra luggage allowance

Even More Speed - just bought a ticket and they want me to pay extra $10 for priority security lane?

Pricing - $499 introductory NON-reufndable fare sounds fine, but what is the regular pricing? Most importantly what is the surcharge for the solo seats?

Of course I am interesting in the inaugural JFK to LAX but only two aisle seats left towards the back of the plane, so I decide to do the reverse flight, which I can still secure 4A.

I definitely look forward to writing a trip report on this flight.

Carfield
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:07 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Carfield
If you do a dummy booking, you can pull up a chart that compares the different fares and what they come with. Mint fares will come with 2 free checked bags and priority security and boarding. If it's asking you to pay extra for Even More Speed, it may just be a glitch in the system where they haven't programmed it yet not to do the upsell for people purchasing Mint fares.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
On the Jet Blue site you find this: For customers who have not already purchased an Even More® Space seat or are traveling in the Mint Experience*, enjoy expedited security with this add-on. Available at this departure city and recommended for peak travel times.
Please note: Select locations offer expedited queuing lanes and not necessarily dedicated screening lanes.

*Even More® Speed is automatically included with Even More® Space and the Mint Experience

Originally Posted by Carfield

Tapas - sounds interesting but does it mean that Jetblue will stick with serving cold food only? Not too great if it is a J product/

Baggage - any extra luggage allowance

Even More Speed - just bought a ticket and they want me to pay extra $10 for priority security lane?

Pricing - $499 introductory NON-reufndable fare sounds fine, but what is the regular pricing? Most importantly what is the surcharge for the solo seats?

Of course I am interesting in the inaugural JFK to LAX but only two aisle seats left towards the back of the plane, so I decide to do the reverse flight, which I can still secure 4A.

I definitely look forward to writing a trip report on this flight.

Carfield
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:12 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Just want to add that I think the real loser in the new transcon war is going to be VX, where their First Class fares are often about the same as the legacies' Business fares-- soon they will not only have an inferior hard product to UA, AA and DL, but also to B6, which will be charging perhaps1/2 the price. The next year or so will be interesting.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dw
Just want to add that I think the real loser in the new transcon war is going to be VX, where their First Class fares are often about the same as the legacies' Business fares-- soon they will not only have an inferior hard product to UA, AA and DL, but also to B6, which will be charging perhaps1/2 the price. The next year or so will be interesting.
Agree. As I recall, VX's initial transcon F fares were the same $499 range.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold/*G, Marriott/SPG Gold Elite
I wonder if TrueBlue Mosaic will get any benefit from this; space available complimentary upgrades at T-24? Early buy ups? Occasional op upgrades? Anyone heard anything about this?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If they are smart, they protect the premium brand and don't fall into the legacy trap of giving it out as a freebie. Remember, the legacies are full of people who rant that they don't get enough freebies, so these guys would be smart not to start down that road.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: US SP, JetBlue Mosaic, AMEX Plat
A couple things from my experience today:

1. Fake bookings see the single "suite" seats priced the same as the 2-2 config seats. It even says on their site when you're booking that they are offering the suite for no extra fee (for now).

2. The press release said regular fares START at $599 one way. However, that is probably one seat on the low-demand flights. I'm sure it will go up, up, and away from there --- but always come in at ~30% than VX (just IMHO!).

3. I don't ever see "space available" upgrades with these. They will regulate pricing and come down as necessary to always fill 100% of these new seats all of the time.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Shimansky VIP
As a mostly VX and UA flyer, I have to say I can't wait to try this out. We moved from NY to LA a few years ago, and go back often.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dw
Agreed. Compared to VX, B6 is stronger financially and has more partners. The legacies will be fine as they probably get alliance folks and those that connect abroad.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by mshimansky
As a mostly VX and UA flyer, I have to say I can't wait to try this out. We moved from NY to LA a few years ago, and go back often.
You are precisely their target. Lowest level elite flyer of UA who doesn't get much benefit from being elite.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, F9 Summit
So I don't fly B6 (we don't have them at IND) but I read this comment in the US Today Article does this upset any of you that they are saying that the customers who are flying B6 regardless of product out of loyalty are the most important customer they want?

"The most important customer we want are the customers who we've lost to the other airlines, who love JetBlue but they just won't fly us to these markets,'' says Martin St. George, JetBlue's senior vice president marketing and commercial strategy"
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:26 am

I mostly fly UA and I'd like to try this out as well. Looks like a great product.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_T120C Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Too bad the $499 window is so short. I'd be all over this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.