Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Blue Discontinues PIT-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum
Jet Blue Discontinues PIT-JFK

Bad news for those flying out of Pittsburgh. PIT-JFK has been eliminated from the schedule after February 27, 2013.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gregman858
Bad news for those flying out of Pittsburgh. PIT-JFK has been eliminated from the schedule after February 27, 2013.
Looking at pricing, there was plenty of competition from other carriers, which had better pricing.

JetBlue is smart for using its equipment on better, more profitable and lucrative routes so more people benefit. Obviously the PIT to JFK aircraft will be reallocated.

PIT to JFK could come back at a later date if somehow increased transit usage occured on the route.

Nonstop service is still available on multiple airlines.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by adamj023
Looking at pricing, there was plenty of competition from other carriers, which had better pricing.

JetBlue is smart for using its equipment on better, more profitable and lucrative routes so more people benefit. Obviously the PIT to JFK aircraft will be reallocated.

PIT to JFK could come back at a later date if somehow increased transit usage occured on the route.

Nonstop service is still available on multiple airlines.
While PIT to JFK goes, New York, NY (JFK) and Charleston, SC comes in to replace it, JFK to ABQ comes in later on. Longer haul flights are nicer on JetBlue.

JFK to PIT customers can choose other airlines with non stop service.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: UA, AA
The timing was generally terrible for this flight. It was of no use to business travelers doing PIT-NYC O&D, and it missed a bunch of connections for leisure travelers.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Will the 3x daily to Boston be enough to keep B6 in town? Flights to MCO or FLL would probably work better for them, although those are leisure routes.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by adamj023
JFK to ABQ comes in later on.
I had to check the route map before I believed it...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by allseas1586
Will the 3x daily to Boston be enough to keep B6 in town? Flights to MCO or FLL would probably work better for them, although those are leisure routes.
I think I agree as well. They will consider it. I'm pretty sure that B6 will start nonstop PIT-FLL/MCO/TPA instead of going to JFK. Because JFK is not good timing. Because it was so terrible timings. There is no connectivity flight through at JFK hub. They do not have a flexible schedule.

Last edited by N830MH; Nov 27, 2012 at 12:58 pm
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)

BOS-PIT is being increased to 4x daily in May 2013 for at least the summer season so it must be doing OK.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: UA, AA
Only if B6 is interested in going head to head with Southwest, and I think they generally try to avoid that.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I had to check the route map before I believed it...
B6 to ABQ is a good route to try for the next phase of expansions.

B6 still has new planes due in and more routes to add.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.