Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue "Go Packs" for intra-California travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

JetBlue is continuing their exploration of different marketing ideas for bulk travel this winter, offering up "Go Packs" for customers making frequent trips in the intra-California market. The company is offering up fixed-price blocks of 10, 20 or 30 flight coupons, each valid for a one-way trip between their hub in Long Beach and the northern California airports of Sacramento, Oakland and San Francisco. The packs are priced between $70-90 per segment, plus $7 per flight at the time of actual booking for government fees.

Read more:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...fornia-travel/
http://www.jetblue.com/gopack/
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
JetBlue is continuing their exploration of different marketing ideas for bulk travel this winter, offering up "Go Packs" for customers making frequent trips in the intra-California market. The company is offering up fixed-price blocks of 10, 20 or 30 flight coupons, each valid for a one-way trip between their hub in Long Beach and the northern California airports of Sacramento, Oakland and San Francisco. The packs are priced between $70-90 per segment, plus $7 per flight at the time of actual booking for government fees.
Aren't advertised prices now supposed to included government taxes and fees? This ad shows the $7 "govt taxes/fees per flight" as a separate item
IMHO, JetBlue should adjust the advertised amounts by $70, $140, and $210.

Last edited by mvoight; Feb 13, 2012 at 3:57 pm
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:49 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
This is a very good deal for people who fly these routes very frequently but who either:

1. cannot freeze their travel plans 2 weeks ahead, or
2. typically fly at peak times and pay more than $90 each way.

I imagine that its appeal is limited to those who pay for their own travel, because:

3. fewer TB points will be earned than for walk-up fares, and
4. allocating the cost of the travel pass among different accounts would be challenging.

Items 3 and 4 benefit JetBlue, because they do not want customers to substitute the pass for non-discretionary top-dollar tickets.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
I imagine that its appeal is limited to those who pay for their own travel, because:

3. fewer TB points will be earned than for walk-up fares, and
4. allocating the cost of the travel pass among different accounts would be challenging.
I don't think that the folks running a business travel department are going to fret about their employees not earning as many points on a particular work trip if they can save some cash. And I doubt it will be too hard to assign the expenses to the right buckets if they have to.
Originally Posted by mvoight
IMHO, JetBlue should adjust the advertised amounts by $70, $140, and $210.
I do wonder if it has to do with the ticket not actually being issued until the specific flight is chosen so JetBlue won't collect the fees until that time. If you end up not using all the "coupons" in the pack then you wouldn't have to pay the taxes on the ones you don't use.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:29 pm

I am always intrigued by the subscription based airline method of travel- keep it up B6! Sell AYCJ Annual to your top customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.