Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

OLCI for a passenger who is not actually traveling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI for a passenger who is not actually traveling

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:06 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by nerd
But, wouldn't the airline be erring on the safe side, thinking the plane is heavier than it is?

And, isn't this an A320 (as opposed to a puddle jumper)?
I don't think there's a "safe side" just a "safe range". BTW I once flew a 320 from OAK to PHX with a very light passenger load; we were asked to shift around the plane (I belive the pilot asked for 5 or 6 people to move towards the rear of the plane).
Old Oct 27, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
weight balances

Originally Posted by djs
I don't think there's a "safe side" just a "safe range". BTW I once flew a 320 from OAK to PHX with a very light passenger load; we were asked to shift around the plane (I belive the pilot asked for 5 or 6 people to move towards the rear of the plane).
That happened to me on an E190 flight to PWM. They asked 2 people to move to the backarea.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djs
But think about it - it is an A320. The total weight of the pax, knowing with certainty how many are on the plane, could easily have a margin of error of 1,000 lbs (you don't know if some pax weigh 100 lbs, or 250 lbs).

The absence of 1 pax on such a flight would certainly be within the margin of error, and why would it not make the carrier err on the side of caution?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 6:13 am
djs

Originally Posted by nerd
But think about it - it is an A320. The total weight of the pax, knowing with certainty how many are on the plane, could easily have a margin of error of 1,000 lbs (you don't know if some pax weigh 100 lbs, or 250 lbs).

The absence of 1 pax on such a flight would certainly be within the margin of error, and why would it not make the carrier err on the side of caution?
And yet, on an A320, we were asked to move.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 6:27 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Perhaps there was a lot of cargo

Originally Posted by djs
And yet, on an A320, we were asked to move.
Maybe there was a lot of cargo/luggage underneath , and its a lot easier to ask a person to move then to rebalance the cargo.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:35 am
djs

Originally Posted by bmg42000
Maybe there was a lot of cargo/luggage underneath , and its a lot easier to ask a person to move then to rebalance the cargo.

I have no problem with passengers being asked to move, my point was that it doesn't only happen on RJs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.