Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Ticket to Pittsburgh to Boston (for Jan7th 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

By mistake I bought ticket from Pittsburgh to Boston, wheni wanted to by it the other way around, noticed it a day later, and not the JetBlue won't refund me I am college student barely was able to pay this flight and now they want me to pay for an extra ticket. Tried to talk to the customer service and requested to talk to a supervisor, and made me wait for over 30mins but no reply. I am very disappointed with the Jet Blue service. I need help guys, is there any way I can sell the ticket and call the customer service and change the name of the traveler? I used my paypal account to buy the ticket, so there is no credit card name involved...

ticket details:
Sat, Jan 07

Departure 7:00 p.m.
Arrival 8:37 p.m.

PITTSBURGH, PA to BOSTON, MA

Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

The best you are likely to be able to do is pay a change fee and use the ticket at some later time.

It is barely possible you can call again - maybe a couple of times - and find a sympathetic supervisor who will let you change it to the reverse trip.

Good luck. Sorry you got stuck with the mixup.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 1:31 pm
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Don't know what you paid, but right now both n/s flights from BOS - PIT on Jan 7 are $61.70 after taxes/fees. Pretty decent airfare and

Although they won't let you refund your ticket, you may be able to cancel it minus a $75 fee (of course, this may eat the entire value of your ticket).
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:37 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by kxhst11
By mistake I bought ticket from Pittsburgh to Boston, wheni wanted to by it the other way around, noticed it a day later, and not the JetBlue won't refund me I am college student barely was able to pay this flight and now they want me to pay for an extra ticket. Tried to talk to the customer service and requested to talk to a supervisor, and made me wait for over 30mins but no reply. I am very disappointed with the Jet Blue service. I need help guys, is there any way I can sell the ticket and call the customer service and change the name of the traveler? I used my paypal account to buy the ticket, so there is no credit card name involved...

No credit card name, but didn't you have to enter the name of the ticketed passenger?

And "over 30 mins" was all you could wait? I remember when I was a starving (not thirsty) college student, I'd have waited an hour, then maybe tried back in the middle of the night (middle of the day for me!) to get someone if the money was really important to me.

Ah well. College days are the time you're supposed to be learning, so consider this a valuable lesson. Next time you'll pay a little more attention during the process and not make this mistake again.

And now you get 24 hours to cancel any ticket, so double check when you get the e-mail of the itinerary.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 9:10 pm

Hate to break the news buddy

I'm sorry to say but you were the one who purchased the ticket. There were many opportunities to look over your itinerary. Before entering the Credit Card Info you can see a summary of your reservation. After entering it you can see the itinerary before clicking purchase. When you clicked that purchase button you submitted yourself to Jet Blue's Terms and Conditions. If you canceled within 24 hours and rebooked then there should not have been a problem.

I am sorry to be direct but for the future always check and recheck your reservation. I always back it up with a call to central reservations and have them read it over. If there is a mistake they will change it as its before the 24 hour cutoff. I always check to make sure the dates and times are correct before handing over my Credit Card info. In fact if given the option I put the reservation using the courtesy hold and have it email me the held itinerary then I look one more time on other websites to see if I am getting the best deal and then I go ahead and book it 2 hours later.

Good luck with the refund and I hope a sympathetic reservation agent works with you to change it/refund the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.