Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flight attendant jobs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Question flight attendant jobs

I would love to be a flight attendant for this airline that I think is one of the best. Could anyone share the plus and negative factors of working here? I realize no job is perfect but it helps to know what I might expect. How long is the normal time period for staying on reserve before getting a line?
Thanks for any insight into this.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by ilov2fly
I would love to be a flight attendant for this airline that I think is one of the best. Could anyone share the plus and negative factors of working here? I realize no job is perfect but it helps to know what I might expect. How long is the normal time period for staying on reserve before getting a line?
Thanks for any insight into this.
Everyone's viewpoint of negatives vary. I for one an extremely happy working here although there are times where I am frustrated. Those times, however, are the nature of the industry and I keep that in the back of my mind.

Reserve times vary by base and by flying hours every month. As of now, based on what I have heard, the reserve times are as followed for each base:

BOS: 0-1 year (a lot of growth, expect that to change to 1-2 years)
JFK: 1-3 years (this base varies depending on the month)
FLL: 4-5 years
MCO: 2-3 years
LGB: 5-6 years

Other crewmembers may have better estimates. MCO is for sure as that is my base.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Another Ouestion

Thanks for the info.

Regarding the JetBlue pay scale: I have heard there is a $2 pay raise after the first 6 months then you get a 9% pay raise at 5 years. Does anyone know it this is true? Also, when do FA's top out on the pay scale at JetBlue?

I appreciate any insight into this matter.
Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Thanks for the info.

Regarding the JetBlue pay scale: I have heard there is a $2 pay raise after the first 6 months then you get a 9% pay raise at 5 years. Does anyone know it this is true? Also, when do FA's top out on the pay scale at JetBlue?

I appreciate any insight into this matter.
Thanks.
This is true. Top out is 12 years. If you would like specific numbers, PM me. We also receive premium pay of time and a half for anything worked over 70 credit.

ex: 0-70 hrs, base pay
70+ base pay x 1.5

We can work a max of 150, which is difficult, but doable in many bases. (not so much in MCO ;p)
Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:35 am
Original Poster

One more question

I really appreciate your taking time to answer my questions. I have one more concerning this.

Is the $2 pay raise at 5 years at the start or completion of 5 years also at what pay rate does JetBlue max out?

Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Re: days off

I meant to also ask how easy is it pick up and/or add days off?

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I meant to also ask how easy is it pick up and/or add days off?

Thanks
I haven't been on reserve for nearly 6 years so my knowledge may be a little rusty but picking up, trading, or dropping, trips or days is going to depend on the level of reserve coverage we have on that day. Each base has a separate requirement for reserves. JFK needs more because they house more flights on any given day. I believe during your first year on reserve you are guaranteed 10 days of and can get more if you PTO or UTO some of your reserve days. You also gain a day off for each year you are on reserve. Reserves are allowed to pick up trips on their days off so long as it doesn't interfere with your reserve days. Reserves can also put in for trips during their reserve days but first priority to those trips go to line holders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.