Jetblue Flight Review

Old Sep 6, 11, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Jetblue Flight Review

Flew this past Saturday, JFK-SJU. For legroom, snacks and staff attitude, no one can beat Jetblue. And the Extra Legroom section was mostly empty so I had three seats to myself. But in many other ways, they are really getting rusty. It is all but impossible to print boarding passes using Chrome or Firefox. Explorer works, but many of us aren't using that anymore. The new Even More Speed, is a nice idea, but useless in reality. I got to walk right up and show my ID and boarding pass, but then there was a 30 minute wait for the actual security process, the longest I've ever waited. Onboard, Jetblue captains typically stand up in front and introduce themselves and give the flight details. This one never said a word to us. And finally, the much praised IFE wasn't working again. Yes, it doesn't work outside the continental US, but even before that, half the channels didn't work, along with several of the radio stations.
Old Sep 7, 11, 8:56 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Have you written an email to the company about your experience? I do know they highly value your feedback and strive to identify problem areas and address them accordingly. The IFE problems alone entitle you to a $15 travel voucher. I have been off work for sometime now due to an injury but I'm not aware of any current issues with the IFE system. It could have been that the plane was having issues but without access to internal documents I couldn't comment on what was going on.

As for the captain not saying anything, it's not required of them, many do it because it is nice to see who's going to be flying you to your destination. It adds that human touch. Your captain may have been extra busy upfront and didn't have time to come out, he may have been sorting out a routing problem or a maintenance problem or he could have just been having a bad day and didn't want it to show. There are a multiple number of reasons he didn't step out to say hello to the customers.

I can't speak to the EMS issues as that is out of my relm and I would highly suggest you write in to the company as they can track the issue and better give you an answer as to why it took so long. I would say the same also goes for the BP issues on other browsers. That is a technical side of the business that I couldn't begin to try and figure out I just hand out drinks and snacks and try to make you comfortable on the plane
Old Sep 7, 11, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. Jetblue still has the very best inflight crew. I did email them and I suspect I will get the $15 credit which I will add to the one I got for my last flight. I wanted to use that toward my upgrade to extra legroom for this flight, but they said no since this was a "separate account". The TV problems have been ongoing for a while unfortunately. It's a great service when it works. And the internet browser issues have been the subject of many emails to them from my family, and they've yet to respond.
Old Sep 8, 11, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by trebex View Post
Thanks for your reply. Jetblue still has the very best inflight crew. I did email them and I suspect I will get the $15 credit which I will add to the one I got for my last flight. I wanted to use that toward my upgrade to extra legroom for this flight, but they said no since this was a "separate account". The TV problems have been ongoing for a while unfortunately. It's a great service when it works. And the internet browser issues have been the subject of many emails to them from my family, and they've yet to respond.
Are you sure that your flash player is working on the browsers you're using?
Old Sep 10, 11, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by trebex View Post
Flew this past Saturday, JFK-SJU. For legroom, snacks and staff attitude, no one can beat Jetblue. And the Extra Legroom section was mostly empty so I had three seats to myself. But in many other ways, they are really getting rusty. It is all but impossible to print boarding passes using Chrome or Firefox. Explorer works, but many of us aren't using that anymore. The new Even More Speed, is a nice idea, but useless in reality. I got to walk right up and show my ID and boarding pass, but then there was a 30 minute wait for the actual security process, the longest I've ever waited. Onboard, Jetblue captains typically stand up in front and introduce themselves and give the flight details. This one never said a word to us. And finally, the much praised IFE wasn't working again. Yes, it doesn't work outside the continental US, but even before that, half the channels didn't work, along with several of the radio stations.
not to nitpick, BUT...

i fly jetblue twice a week and check in using firefox each time. now, SOMETIMES, i will get the message that i have to check in at the airport (even in situations where i already have a seat assigned), but often it works later that day. i think that jetblue's web site and check in process leave much to be desired, but i have never had a browser compatibility issue.

as for navigating security at JFK... well that usually sucks no matter what. i believe that they have 18 security checkpoints at Terminal 5 and i have never seen the TSA open more than 5 or 6 even at the busiest times. this likely is not the airline's fault. there is a separate forum on this site for TSA-specific hatred, so i'll leave any further comment out of this thread.