Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Priority security lines announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

JetBlue announced today the 15 airports where "Even More Speed" service will be available, providing access to priority security lines. Of the 15, 14 are available today, with Boston coming online next month.
  • Austin, Texas (AUS)
  • Baltimore (BWI)
  • Boston (BOS) - Coming in July '11
  • Buffalo, N.Y. (BUF)
  • Charlotte, N.C. (CLT)
  • Chicago (ORD)
  • Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
  • Jacksonville, Fla. (JAX)
  • Las Vegas (LAS)
  • Los Angeles (LAX)
  • San Francisco (SFO)
  • New York (JFK)
  • Newark, N.J. (EWR)
  • Seattle (SEA)
  • Washington, DC (IAD)

They also announced a rebranding of the Even More Legroom seats to Even More Space to reflect the early boarding and overhead bin access. I think that's a mistake but no one asked me my opinion.

More details here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...n-15-airports/
and here:
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....949&highlight=
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:54 am

The other thing announced today is that Row 1 on the A320 and E190 will now be sold as "EMS." The website acknowledges that it has less legroom than other Even More Space rows but claims it has more "living space" since no one reclines into you.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone checked.... Does EMS cost more than EML?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Long Distance
Has anyone checked.... Does EMS cost more than EML?
EMS is the same thing as EML. It is merely a rebranding. This change is meant to emphasize that buying this not only gets a customer more legroom, it also gives them more space when boarding (priority boarding) and more space in the overhead bins. The cost should be the same.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:03 pm

not worth much

They've got to come up with an Elite or Frequent Flier benefit, EML on the ERJ is silly and since there are only 4 on each flight there isnt much traffic thru the new speed lane at EWR, so let us weekly B6 fliers use this lane!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by billyidle
They've got to come up with an Elite or Frequent Flier benefit, EML on the ERJ is silly and since there are only 4 on each flight there isnt much traffic thru the new speed lane at EWR, so let us weekly B6 fliers use this lane!
Rumor has it this is coming soon....
Old Jun 21, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex Platinum; Meaningless to Everyone Else
They sent an e-mail to those of us who had already purchased EMS seats prior to the announcement that we'd get to use the "speed" functionality as well. I am not a B6 regular and only use them in a pinch. I assume they can implement a speed lane at security at JFK quite easily, but I'm booked on a LAS-JFK flight and trying to figure out how they plan on implementing it there. Hoping it means we can use the First Class lane at LAS!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:00 pm

You received an email about it?
I have 2 EMS seats purchased for this week, but haven't received any emails about a priority line at JFK.

Is that line working well? What kind of time should I expect midday, midweek?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCMAHONSMR
...I'm booked on a LAS-JFK flight and trying to figure out how they plan on implementing it there. Hoping it means we can use the First Class lane at LAS!
I would imagine that this is exactly what you will get to use.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex Platinum; Meaningless to Everyone Else
Originally Posted by sbm12
I would imagine that this is exactly what you will get to use.
I hope so too. Although, I have always found that they are pretty vigilant about turning away non F passengers from this line. I suppose B6 have made some kind of arrangements. If so, this is definitely a good thing. D gate security can be horrendous sometimes.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:50 am

My SIL works at IAD for TSA. I asked him about this and he was not aware of any different line. Anyone used this yet?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
From our website

How do I take advantage of Even More Speed at the airport?

Even More Speed access may vary by airport location. At Chicago (ORD), Boston (BOS), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Newark (EWR), and New York (JFK), Even More Speed signage will be visible at the security checkpoint entrance. At other airport locations, Even More Speed customers may use “priority,” “premium,” or “business/first class” lanes. A JetBlue Crewmember at each airport will be happy to assist with questions on how to take advantage of Even More Speed.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Is there a premium lane at AUA?
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf
Is there a premium lane at AUA?
The full list is in the first post. AUA is not on it.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
JetBlue announced today the 15 airports where "Even More Speed" service will be available, providing access to priority security lines.
Funny. JetBlue is not promoting the rollout of new "Even Less Speed" security lines at 15 select airports.

(It's a zero-sum game, no?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.