Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Priority security lines announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority security lines announced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
BWI appears to be another station that you can use EMS at as well as they have signs posted as well.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
BWI appears to be another station that you can use EMS at as well as they have signs posted as well.
Yup...that is one of the 15 in the original list. @:-)
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Yup...that is one of the 15 in the original list. @:-)
Serves me right for not checking the list before posting
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:08 am
Suspended

Who 'owns' the priority security lines? I always thought the airport did which is funded by taxpayers' money?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:06 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Who 'owns' the priority security lines? I always thought the airport did which is funded by taxpayers' money?
Frequently, the airline 'owns' the space since they lease the space from the airport.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 11:09 am
Suspended

Another question: the fee for EMS/EML is the same whether bought online or at the airport?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:27 pm

Another question: the fee for EMS/EML is the same whether bought online or at the airport?
Yes the fee is the same no matter where you purchase it. The fee is based on stage length just as with the old EML seats.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Yes the fee is the same no matter where you purchase it. The fee is based on stage length just as with the old EML seats.
The fee can also vary based on demand. I've seen the EML fee change over time for the same flight I was booked on.
The airlines who want the priority lines effectively lease the space for them from the airports. The airlines are also generally responsible for paying the agents who man them and control access.

I saw the line at EWR yesterday. It is the same as the EliteAccess line that CO uses.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 7:34 pm

I think they forgot about Long Beach

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.