Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

B6 Rebooking onto AA - Standard Practice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K

Hey all,

Just learned from my friend whose B6 flight from San Francisco to New York got cancelled this past Monday that B6 rebooked her onto American 2 days later, in First Class no less! She was quite impressed.

I'm just wondering if this is standard practice for B6? My friend has no status on either airline.

Cheers!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Rebooking on to AA

Originally Posted by AC888
Hey all,

Just learned from my friend whose B6 flight from San Francisco to New York got cancelled this past Monday that B6 rebooked her onto American 2 days later, in First Class no less! She was quite impressed.

I'm just wondering if this is standard practice for B6? My friend has no status on either airline.

Cheers!
Its not standard practice on the part of B6. I think your friend should go buy some lottery tickets , and enjoy first class on AA .
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Actually, since the interline agreement started there have been increased IRROPs pushing of passengers to AA when that is the logical solution to get someone where they need to be.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
IRROPS moving to AA

Originally Posted by sbm12
Actually, since the interline agreement started there have been increased IRROPs pushing of passengers to AA when that is the logical solution to get someone where they need to be.
Its good know that they can interline with AA . I will keep that in mind to suggest it to the agent (via twitter ) if I get stuck via irrops. I would not normall expect to get upgraded to first class though . Its good that they have some interlining ability . I wonder if they will expand it to other airlines that are on Sabre .
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:59 pm

Hey all,

Cheers!
Yes. Since the AA interline began, it is standard practice to IROP customers on to AA flights if it makes sense to do so.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
As Caphis stated it has become standard practice to reroute customers via AA to their final destination. The main cities that use it frequently are BOS, JFK, and ORD. ORD and BOS do it quite a lot because I've seen it happen on several occasions. AA rebooks on us and we rebook on them to protect the customers.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
However, remember than you'll generally be told it isn't an option in situations such as the blizzard last week. If AA is trying to dig themselves out and get their own customers where they need to go, JB generally won't add to their load.

If it's something like a maintenance or crew cancel, AA is often an option.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Hey all,

Cheers!
As others have said, generally in the case of weather neither airline will rebook on another carrier. In the case of the OP's friend, she may have gotten lucky. Chances were that only an F seat was available and rather than take the time to do an OP UP the GA may have just put her into the F seat if the flight was already going out late.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Has anyone noticed the reverse with AA pax being ticketed onto B6 flights?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Has anyone noticed the reverse with AA pax being ticketed onto B6 flights?
I have had several people who were booked onto flights I was working after AA canceled or was delayed for some reason. Mostly out of BOS though.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by caphis
Yes. Since the AA interline began, it is standard practice to IROP customers on to AA flights if it makes sense to do so.
Interlining is excellent news for those of us in distant B6 outstations where irrops / cancellations have traditionally resulted in pax being told: come back here in 24, 48, 72 hours for the next available B6 seat, or else forget your trip. Totally unacceptable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.