Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue res system still terrible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue res system still terrible

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Thanks for your experience, Tom. Hopefully B6 will make the necessary adjustments to their systems.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:32 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Already did. My brother was able to get through to DL at 11am this morning. Was on hold for about 15 minutes, but they answered his call.
Your brother got lucky with DL. Just read this from a poster on another forum:

Hello from Manhattan where from out my window (10th floor) I see 3 foot drifts of snow and not very nice conditions. It was a wild night of white out snow including thunder and lightening in the midst of it.

A good friend is stuck at DTW and frankly I'm completely shocked by DL. He's attempted to call them for 24 hours and they've stopped accepting calls, period. They say, "Call back." When he attempts to pull up his reservation online with his record locator he can't get access because the website must be overwhelmed.

This from the world's largest airline? You have got to be kidding me. I can't believe when he calls reservations he is told to call back and gets hung up on. One time he tried to get through and they said there was a 2 hour wait but it then disconnected him. And to not be able to see your record online because their servers can't handle the traffic? Something is terribly wrong at DL that this, not the largest storm by any means, revelaed.

Needless to say my friend is furiously calling me where I'm trying to help all I can. He just showed up at DTW and there are 2 agents working reprotections and there are, he counted, over 95 people on two different lines. This at a DL hub? WOW... shameful for an operation of their size.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:28 am

Location: BOS. Postings are my personal observations and opinions only and do not reflect the official position of JetBlue Airways.
Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Hertz PC, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Ambassador
Maybe so, but our response today is just embarassing. We're cancelling flights left and right for lack of crews, and there was zero ability by crew services to re-stage the fleet or crews for resumption of service. There also has been zero attempt to run extra sections to move people. To our customers, sorry. Clearly our infrastructure is not yet robust enough to recover from this type of event.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Your brother got lucky with DL. Just read this from a poster on another forum:
But this isn't the DL forum, is it? He certainly did not get lucky with B6.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aewanabe
Maybe so, but our response today is just embarassing. We're cancelling flights left and right for lack of crews, and there was zero ability by crew services to re-stage the fleet or crews for resumption of service. There also has been zero attempt to run extra sections to move people. To our customers, sorry. Clearly our infrastructure is not yet robust enough to recover from this type of event.
Here's the thing. I've been hearing this for years. After the Valentine's Day Massacre B6 supposedly upgraded all their systems to make sure this type of lack of communication wouldn't happen again. But it has happened again. It's gotten to the point that you just can't trust B6 if there is any risk of IROPS.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Aewanabe
There's only one functional runway and a 5-hour GDP at JFK... they're getting as many flights out as they can, but there would be tons of cancellations on a normal day, and you could forget about adding extra sections.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Here's the thing. I've been hearing this for years. After the Valentine's Day Massacre B6 supposedly upgraded all their systems to make sure this type of lack of communication wouldn't happen again. But it has happened again. It's gotten to the point that you just can't trust B6 if there is any risk of IROPS.
This is nowhere near 2/14 again. There aren't days of cancellations and several days of E190 groundings. As far as I can tell, B6 isn't doing any worse than other carriers.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...verloaded.html
Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
But this isn't the DL forum, is it? He certainly did not get lucky with B6.
You tell me. I don't think this is the DL forum (or US, for that matter). However, I quote you in earlier posts:

False. My brother got through to US Air on try #1 and purchased new tickets for Wednesday.
Already did. My brother was able to get through to DL at 11am this morning. Was on hold for about 15 minutes, but they answered his call.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
You tell me. I don't think this is the DL forum (or US, for that matter). However, I quote you in earlier posts:
These are *responses* to people who wish to bring other airlines into the fold. You'll note that the OP makes no claims about any other airline except JetBlue.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by amejr999
As far as I can tell, B6 isn't doing any worse than other carriers.
Not an argument. It's like saying: I failed my high school test, but at least I'm not doing any worse than several other kids in the class.
B6 could strive to be the best airline in the world. That means having back-up plans in case there is a big snow storm.

Suggestion: look into scheduling. Example: suppose a plane goes BOS-MCO-CUN. Due to snow storm, BOS-MCO will be canceled therefore by extension MCO-CUN as well. If you would schedule BOS-MCO-BOS and MCO-CUN-MCO with two planes, BOS-MCO would have been canceled but not MCO-CUN-MCO. @:-)
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:02 am
Original Poster

My brother *still* can't get a call into B6 to get his ticket refunded. The attitude seems to be "we're trying, sorry." Unfortunately, that's not good enough.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amejr999
As far as I can tell, B6 isn't doing any worse than other carriers.
Is this still even true? I just called United's general number and got through in less than 20 seconds.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
Is this still even true? I just called United's general number and got through in less than 20 seconds.
And calling JB's 1-800 number has worked the last 4 times I just tried it. Current hold times are about 30 min, which is long, but it's not 4 hours, and it isn't impossible to get in.

Seems that mandatory overtime is helping.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LiaJB
And calling JB's 1-800 number has worked the last 4 times I just tried it. Current hold times are about 30 min, which is long, but it's not 4 hours, and it isn't impossible to get in.

Seems that mandatory overtime is helping.
FWIW, I just called right now and got the "call back" message.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:55 pm

UA's operation in NYC is not as large as B6's and UA outsources. Try the toll free # for other big-NYC carriers and see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.