Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue res system still terrible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA

Family members have had their flights proactively cancelled for tomorrow.

Can't get ahold of reservations because they're "too busy" to take their call.

This is the Valentine's Day massacre all over again. I thought the airline apologized and learned from their disgraceful reservation system joke? What gives?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Update: 3 hours later and my family can still not get connected to the 800 number to rebook their flights.

I thought B6 fixed their systems after the Massacre. What a joke.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
It's not a res system issue, it's a call center issue. More people calling than they have phone lines. Try the non-elite number for any other airline, it's impossible to get through to any of them.

Try DMming Jetblue on Twitter with your PNR.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amejr999
It's not a res system issue, it's a call center issue. More people calling than they have phone lines. Try the non-elite number for any other airline, it's impossible to get through to any of them.
False. My brother got through to US Air on try #1 and purchased new tickets for Wednesday.

Screw JetBlue.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
False.
Not false. There are more people calling than there are people taking calls, it's as simple as that.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caphis
Not false. There are more people calling than there are people taking calls, it's as simple as that.
The false part is that good airlines don't have the capacity to deal with this either. That's wrong. They do. JetBlue does not. Nor have they ever had the capacity to act like a real airline.

Call United right now. You'll be on hold and then talk to someone. Then call JetBlue. You'll hear that they're too busy to answer the phone. Give me a break.

I thought JetBlue pledged to get better?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:00 pm

Try DL or CO, both of which have major operations in NYC. I can't get them to pick up.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amejr999
Try DL or CO, both of which have major operations in NYC. I can't get them to pick up.
Already did. My brother was able to get through to DL at 11am this morning. Was on hold for about 15 minutes, but they answered his call.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
Already did. My brother was able to get through to DL at 11am this morning. Was on hold for about 15 minutes, but they answered his call.
Why can't you rebook through the website and/or see what they have already been proactively been rebooked on? Why does any of this require you to talk to a person anyway?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by defiance96
Why can't you rebook through the website and/or see what they have already been proactively been rebooked on? Why does any of this require you to talk to a person anyway?
They weren't proactively booked on squat. And there is no option to rebook online. They tried.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
They weren't proactively booked on squat. And there is no option to rebook online. They tried.
Quite honestly, this would be my primary complaint At some point after the February meltdown, the funcitonality allowed for rebooking on the web for effected flight. This sounds like a technology regression.

If you couldn't get through to a person, but the website was functional for rebooking, I would have less sympathy. But hearing the web/rebooking function isn't even an option: That is just sad.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Quite honestly, this would be my primary complaint At some point after the February meltdown, the funcitonality allowed for rebooking on the web for effected flight. This sounds like a technology regression.

If you couldn't get through to a person, but the website was functional for rebooking, I would have less sympathy. But hearing the web/rebooking function isn't even an option: That is just sad.
That's my gripe too. It's no biggie if you can't talk to an [agent] if you are given rebooking options online. But alas, that seems not to be the case.

Last edited by sbm12; Dec 27, 2010 at 11:44 am Reason: Not so personal, thanks
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
phone reservations

There is a thread on the co forum on the same issue. Does anyine know if aa allows rebooking via the website for wx issues? I wonder if this is a sabre issue? Btw. B6 had allowed people to change their flights on saturday.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 9:39 pm

That I agree with-- this functionality went away after the Sabre transition and never came back. Inexcusable IMO.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 3:22 pm

Programs: Starwood life Plt, AA Gold.,Delta . ,Priority Plat,IC Ambassador
Never again.............!!

Greetings:

I thought I would try Jetblue after making a mistake on a return date.

We had a 6:40 AM flight BOS-PBI.......rolled in to Ter C in BOS ,thought a fire sale was on, checked the flights....canceled! No storm yet...just no plane....lines around and out the door....no floor help......called Jetblue, parden me attempted to call Jetblue, 45 min wait or "not taking calls".

Mrs T kept calling, my son picked us up again and I booked a Wed flight on JB on my lap top, not rebooked just another flight.........we put phone on speaker and an hour later still had no connection........we fly on Wed and then will forget Jetblue!

(By the way we called Delta and got them almost right away,they offered a flight in two hours but the cost would not "fly" with Mrs T)

I am not .....ing about the flight being canceled but I do wonder ....but, it could have been coming from the North Pole or what have you....but...the airport and the phone......Forget it.......My mother would say"you get what you pay for"....sometimes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.