Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue IFC deploys emergency slide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue IFC deploys emergency slide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by flyinbob
A pathetic flight attendant gets beat up by an old lady and he runs away?
Where are you seeing the age of the woman?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 3:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport

A hero? A pathetic flight attendant gets beat up by an old lady and he runs away? This is your definition of a hero? Back in the day he he would be called a coward.
"Back in the day" this probably wouldn't have happened. Some people fail to have any sense of humor whatsoever.

"A pathetic flight attendant"? Someone seems to have a bad case of the DYKWIA.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Talking

Some images from 'round the interwebz:

Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: Any and all of 'em
Steven Slater, I salute you! ^
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by N965VJ
Where are you seeing the age of the woman?
I don't know her age, but the news stories have called her an older woman. But I do see him, and and to run away from a confrontation? COWARD!

Apparently there is a report out saying in fact the plane was at the gate and passengers were deplaning at the time he went nuts. Meaning he had to rearm the door and deploy it to make his grand exit. Sorry. Whack-job of the year.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know her age, but the news stories have called her an older woman. But I do see him, and and to run away from a confrontation? COWARD!
Well, there's a difference between an "old lady" as you said earlier, and an older woman.

If Sharon Stone was mad at me, I would run away too. Or maybe not.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by N965VJ
Some images from 'round the interwebz:

LMAO
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS mileage plan
I'm only on page 8 ,but I gotta put in my 2 cents.

We have no idea what else happened on the rest of the flight. We don't know if there was any words spoken between the passenger and FA before the incident.

The poor FA was under stress from dealing with personal issues (I read something about a death upthread?).
We have no idea about the emotional condition of the passenger (so far, I haven't read the entire thread yet). She might have just lost her job, heard of a deaht in the family, been diagnosed with an incurable disease or whatever, been harrassed by TSA or gate/ticket agents or whatever.

But immediately it is assumed that FA's have to deal with sooooo much and it's soooo terrible because all passengers are unruly and needs to be put in straight jackets as soon as they sit down on their seats.

Therefore, it's perfectly okay for a FA to go balistic and he's called a hero.
On the other hand, a passenger snaps under the stress of flying, and he/she needs to be immediately arrested and sent to Gitmo.

Gotcha. ^

Just to add:I work in a thankless job and by the time people get to me, they're usually not in the best of moods. My predecessor got spit on and I had to tell numerous people that there is a warrant out for their arrest. Lovely bunch. That does not, however, allow me to go ballistic and destroy my employer's property.

Last edited by AllTheNamesWhereTaken; Aug 10, 2010 at 6:06 pm
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:00 pm

Pretty amusing story. Hero, antihero, whatever.
Passenger sounds like a jerk. No one got hurt seriously (other than the cut on the forehead). Fine him and move on. Don't see the point in throwing him in jail for 30 days.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
My guess is this guy will end up with a book deal and possibly a reality show. I second whoever said to hire him to speak at an FT DO
Old Aug 10, 2010, 7:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
My guess is this guy will end up with a book deal and possibly a reality show. I second whoever said to hire him to speak at an FT DO
Well, whatever, I wish him well.

FT sentiment in this thread aside, I can guarantee he'll never work for an airline again.

But something tells me he'll do just fine going forward.

Kinda like this lady who also exited her job in a rather unusual manner.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL-PM, Small Luxury Hotels & Proud Member of TSA Disparager-Gold
Originally Posted by Cholula
Well, whatever, I wish him well.

FT sentiment in this thread aside, I can guarantee he'll never work for an airline again.

But something tells me he'll do just fine going forward.

Kinda like this lady who also exited her job in a rather unusual manner.
I can't figure out why we still don't know the identity of the perp, I mean pax who started it all. Steven WILL be fine and I love this ladies exit strategy! She's got style...
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DLNYC
"Back in the day" this probably wouldn't have happened. Some people fail to have any sense of humor whatsoever.

"A pathetic flight attendant"? Someone seems to have a bad case of the DYKWIA.
Never have done the DYKWIA thing, and I like most of the FAs I've had on my flights. However, ANY flight attendant who exits the plane via the emergency slide when there isn't an emergency is pretty pathetic. Yup.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA
How come there's no information about the offending passenger apart from the gender? I really hope someone will find this b$4ch out and name and shame her. I am sure the court will, but it will take ages.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Wow, he went to Rikers Island and looks like he was released already assuming that this is an actual website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.