Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue IFC deploys emergency slide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat

This seems rather funny:

A JetBlue flight attendant apparently upset with an uncooperative passenger on a just-landed flight unleashed a profanity-laden tirade on the public-address system, pulled the emergency-exit chute, slid off the plane and fled Kennedy International Airport, a law enforcement official said.
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-k-then-flees/
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:25 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
he just did what every F/A only dreams of doing!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by cwe84
he just did what every F/A only dreams of doing!
Agreed!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
True. Do not know how flight attendants can put up with obnoxious people day in and day out. Luckily on jetblue the overentitled of travellers is not that great since all the passengers have the same status.

Daytime television is not that exciting so having a reality show play out right on the flight can be a new perk.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Wow, I would have loved to have been there and seen that.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
From the WSJ article:

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2010...away/?mod=e2tw

Slater is alleged to have then activated the plane’s inflatable emergency slide, grabbed two beers from the galley, then slid down the chute, the official said.
Mad props for grabbing the road beers.

Guess he didn't think a "Cheer Up" box would do the trick.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by Keegan99
Mad props for grabbing the road beers.
They didn't mention that in the New York Times article. Indeed, he does deserve some mad props for that! This guy obviously thinks quickly on his feet!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

And that, folks, is what we call panache.

Gotta love someone who can display a bit of style in their life-changing moments of ill-advised behavior.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
If you are going to quit your job, best do it in style.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Luckily on jetblue the overentitled of travellers is not that great since all the passengers have the same status.
Overentitled travelers because of status are actually easier to deal with than unruly pax that rarely or never fly before. At least the former know the rules and the later have no idea or simply don't care.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
If you're going to do the whole "Take this job and shove it!" thing, you get extra credit for remembering to grab a couple of beers in your decision matrix. ^
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I liked this concluding line from the NYT story:

"In addition to serving as chairman of JetBlue’s uniform redesign committee, the LinkedIn entry says, Mr. Slater serves on the airline’s in-flight values committee."

You couldn't make up this kind of stuff.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
wow 10+ comments and not one about compensation. SHAME ON YOU
Old Aug 9, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
I just read this story and while kind of sad the guy threw away "28 years" as he put it before he made his unorthodox exit I couldn't stop laughing at the fact he grabbed beers on his way out. That is just priceless.

Also the story is on the top of Drudge.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: I miss NW, TW
What if you had a small business and had an employee who doesn't know how to deal with employees? He then activates the emergency slide. These slides are not $100 or $1000. They are very costly to replace.

The man should be forced to pay for it. Then jailed on the same threat as passengers get jailed for....being a security risk by interfering with a crew, the other crew members.

People in customer service have to deal with difficult people all the time. Doctors have to deal with crazy patients and insurance companies. Police have to deal with obnoxious drunks (and sometimes can't handle it so some of them, not all, beat others and claim "resisting arrest"). Ticket counter agents have to deal with mad passengers. Store clerks have to deal with mad customers or fake returns. The list goes on and on. Customer service is not easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.