Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Change BOS-TPA on Aug 6

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Flight Change BOS-TPA on Aug 6

With my parents in Bos and their flight was changed from 4:50 to 3:00PM. Only way he found out was when he checked. Is this normal for Jet Blue?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Hi Tikiboy. May I first ask you why you are posting a thread related to Jet Blue in the AF/KL Flying blue forum ?

I don't know specifically about Jet Blue but in general the US airlines have the very bad habit to change constantly their flight numbers & schedule (even for just 2 or 3 minutes but sometimes more as in you case). When you book a domestic flight several months in advance, its quite frequent to have 2 to 3 changes before your flight date. I have experienced that with DL many times It's a very annoying practice. And they are usually very bad when it comes to advise you. When I booked DL flights through AF, it's always AF who advised me by calling me or texting me and never DL. Or the best is to check regularly on the "manage my booking section" of the airline web site or in web sites like Amadeus check my trip.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

I mistakenly posted...I meant to post in Jet Blue and picked the wrong link....and couldn't figure out how to move it once I realized my error.

I'm just wondering what would have been the case if there were plans that couldn't change due to this schedule change? I looked at the weather and don't see any impending storms in Boston or Tampa.

Sorry for the confusion with the wrong post location and thanks for the reply.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:13 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Moving to the Jet Blue forum .
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Weather won't cause a schedule change, certainly not one that moves a flight up 1:50.

Did your parents have a phone number, email address or TrueBlue account number on file in the reservation? My experience with JetBlue schedule changes - I've only had one - was that I got an email asking me to confirm the change. It is sent automatically so I'm guessing they should have been notified if there was contact info in the reservation. If not, of course, there wouldn't be a way to notify them anyways.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
When JB does a schedule change, it automatically generates an e-mail if there is one on file. There is also a schedule change desk that tries to contact each person effected if they haven't accepted via the e-mail three times before they give up.

Any chance they booked using an online travel agency like Orbitz? Customer information doesn't transfer over when they go through an online agency, and it's possible that we had no e-mail or phone number we could contact them with.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

My Dad claims to have had an email on file, but he uses 5 different accounts without rhyme or reason and doesn't always check them all, so I can't say if he got one.
Fortunately, he's obsessive about always checking and noticed the change and he's actually happy about getting home earlier.
Thanks for all the feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.