Wiki Posts
Search

TB2 awards and points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
TB2 awards and points

Recently I booked a TB2 award using points . I noticed today that the points required when down and called up B6 to see if I could get I credit . The answer was yes ^^ with no charge so they would cancel my itinerary and I could rebook . I got an error while rebooking (this may be a Sabre issue) (they may have not recognized the cancellation yet (even though the points were back in my account) ). It took another 5 minute phone call (no big deal) and I am back on the flight . All in all it was worth the 15 minutes of calls to save the points.
So if anyone else this thinking of doing this it can be done (just allow time for multiple phone calls) .
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Quite interesting. Considering that their printed policy directly contradicts this I'd be interested to see if this is a standing policy or a one-time exception made by a CSR.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Tb2 points

I did not expect it to work but I figure it never hurts to ask .
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:09 am

jetblue is one of very few airlines that does this with cash fares (if the fare drops, they'll credit the full difference toward a future flight), though i'm actually a bit (pleasantly) surprised they also do this with award flights. it's the little things like this that continue to differentiate them from the other big airlines, and i hope they decide to keep this customer-friendly policy, even if, like the fare credits, you have to call and ask to get it.

(like sbm12, i'm curious to see if this was a one-time deal, or standard operating procedure.)
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
We were told in TB training that it's available for everyone. =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.