Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Preboarding for EML customers, starting 1 September

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Also just announced on the conf call.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Preboarding for EML

Originally Posted by sbm12
Also sounds good. If you pay the extra $ you should get more value for it .
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmg42000
Also sounds good. If you pay the extra $ you should get more value for it .
Like 4" extra pitch, for example? Or the increased likelihood of an empty middle seat?

I don't mind either way, but I also wouldn't rush the boarding area unless the flight appears VERY full.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
EML seating pricing

Like 4" extra pitch, for example? Or the increased likelihood of an empty middle seat?

I don't mind either way, but I also wouldn't rush the boarding area unless the flight appears VERY full.
They have raised the prices for EML seating (and evidently one cannot use the travel bank for EML seats anymore) (which is what I did when the price went down on flights)), at least now I am getting something more . And if it makes traveling with my 7 year old a little easier (then I can justify it more often) ).
What they need to do next if offer priority security access at those airports (LAX/LAS) who have a reputation for long lines.
Also this does not cost the airline much to implement and it helps the perceived value to the customer.

Last edited by bmg42000; Jul 22, 2010 at 8:45 am Reason: add more comments
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
ANything else noteworthy announced on the call?

Where are all those 7 A320's going the rest of the year?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Hooray!

I always seem to have angst that I'll lose out on the overhead bin nearest my seat.

at me all ya want. :-:
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brigri
Where are all those 7 A320's going the rest of the year?
Only gonna be 6 now, not 7. And most ASMs growth is BOS and Caribbean. BOS-PHX/RSW start in November. Ditto the BDL service. With an average utilization around 12 hours/airframe the few new ones are mostly already spoken for.

There were some other interesting notes in the call, including that they do not see a lack of WiFi as a competitive disadvantage. I was on the CO call right after the B6 call so I haven't had time to go through my notes fully yet. I will soon.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
There were some other interesting notes in the call, including that they do not see a lack of WiFi as a competitive disadvantage.
I can see that. With take rates of less than 10% per flight for paid wi-fi, I think they are being very careful about offering it. It is a game changer to me, but I know they want to offer something for free with would be great.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
Still no word about complimentary EML upgrades for a "elite status" TB members, I assume. Disappointing. Would it kill 'em to chase loyalty with a handful of those seats instead of a few extra bucks?

There were some other interesting notes in the call, including that they do not see a lack of WiFi as a competitive disadvantage.
Maybe with casual customers. But some of us that spend too much time in the air see it differently.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:12 am

I'm also curious about the impact this will have on boarding times. EML seats are at the front of the aircraft. Letting all those people on first HAS to slow things down for everyone else.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keegan99
Still no word about complimentary EML upgrades for a "elite status" TB members, I assume. Disappointing. Would it kill 'em to chase loyalty with a handful of those seats instead of a few extra bucks?
Actually they did comment on this.
We’re not looking at premium cabins; we’re not looking at stratifying our TrueBlue program.
I'd be a bit surprised to see free EML based on that but who knows...
Originally Posted by Keegan99
Maybe with casual customers. But some of us that spend too much time in the air see it differently.
The problem is that there aren't enough of "us" who drive sufficient revenue to make the in-flight WiFi cost-effective for the airlines from the stats I've seen.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:36 pm

This is interesting. I have never flown Jet Blue, but have my first trip planned for early August (BOS-SFO). Returning on Virgin America. I am travelling with the family, and thus would not be able to upgrade everyone on AA where I have status, so I opted for EML and Virgin's MCS product for the return.

I can tell you that the big issues I have with Jet Blue before I even set foot on the plane are: the mediocre frequent flyer program with no elite status benefits, the inability to get early boarding (some reason why they need another 6 weeks to implement this, btw?), no priority security lines, and the lack of inflight wifi. I think they are underestimating the revenue they are giving up through not capturing the business travellers who are less price sensitive but are looking for these perks - most of which wouldnt cost much to implement.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
I can tell you that the big issues I have with Jet Blue before I even set foot on the plane are: the mediocre frequent flyer program with no elite status benefits, the inability to get early boarding (some reason why they need another 6 weeks to implement this, btw?), no priority security lines, and the lack of inflight wifi. I think they are underestimating the revenue they are giving up through not capturing the business travellers who are less price sensitive but are looking for these perks - most of which wouldnt cost much to implement.
They're actually getting quite a few business travelers - around 20% of their passengers and growing - and they're doing it without the higher costs of operating a loyalty program like the one that you're talking about.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:07 pm

we’re not looking at stratifying our TrueBlue program.
That, coupled with no plans for WiFi, signals to me that I need to leave B6 as soon as another carrier with elite status offers WiFi and a reasonable route from the San Fran bay area to AUS. They just don't give a rip about their high revenue customers.

Unfortunate.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They're actually getting quite a few business travelers - around 20% of their passengers and growing.
How are they measuring this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.