Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Change flight booked with points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2010, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Delta Diamond

I have a flight that I booked with points but now need to change it. The 'Change This Flight' option is greyed out next to the itinerary. Does anyone know how that works? Do they still charge the $100 fee? What if the new flight is more expensive (in points and dollars)? Am I totally screwed?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

4.4 Once an Award Flight is booked using Points, it may only be cancelled prior to scheduled departure by calling 1-800-JETBLUE, TTY/TDD 1-800-336-5530, and paying a $100 cancellation fee. Points will then be re-deposited to the Member's Account. Points used to purchase the Award Flight will be automatically forfeited if a passenger does not cancel prior to scheduled departure.
You're looking at a $100 redeposit fee and then whatever the new costs are, either in points or cash.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Delta Diamond
Thanks for the quick reply!

I booked one way with points and the other way in cash. Does that count as separate itineraries? Would I have to pay 2 x $100 to change both?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
If they have separate confirmation numbers, then yes. However, you might be able to get a sympathetic agent who won't charge you for both.

Seems strange though, that you can't change the award flight but only cancel them.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dinosims
Seems strange though, that you can't change the award flight but only cancel them.
Yes and no. Because each award will price differently making a change would be pretty difficult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.