Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Accidentally booked full fare ticket for girlfriend instead of myself

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Delta Diamond

I booked the full fare ticket for my girlfriend and booked mine with points/credit, not realizing I wouldn't get TrueBlue points for the flights booked for her. Do you think I can call them and ask them to give me those points since I could have easily done it the other way around and booked the full fare under my name?
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
If you booked within the last 4 hours, call reservations right away.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amejr999
If you booked within the last 4 hours, call reservations right away.
Unfortunately, I booked a few weeks but was reading up on the T&C's and noticed the tickets had to be in my name.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You are almost certainly screwed here.

I'm guessing that you didn't really book a "full fare" ticket but just a regular revenue flight. You'd have to cancel that - for a fee - and also cancel the reward flight - for a fee - and then use the credits you got to rebook the flights anew in the correct names.

It is going to cost you more than the few points you'd earn are worth.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12

I'm guessing that you didn't really book a "full fare" ticket but just a regular revenue flight.
Yes I booked a regular revenue flight.

Originally Posted by sbm12

You'd have to cancel that - for a fee - and also cancel the reward flight - for a fee - and then use the credits you got to rebook the flights anew in the correct names.
As a matter of fact, I need to reschedule the flights anyway. Am I able to book the rescheduled flights under a different name?

Last edited by sbm12; Jun 17, 2010 at 8:28 am
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by newtraveler123
As a matter of fact, I need to reschedule the flights anyway. Am I able to book the rescheduled flights under a different name?
The reward will simply be refunded for the $100 fee and you'll have to book the new one. On the revenue ticket you'll get the balance, minus the fee, as TrueBlue credit. You should be able to apply that credit to a new ticket in any passenger's name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.