Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Future Expansion of T-5 at JFK for Int'l

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

The Port Authority authorized demolition of T-6 at JFK to make room for JetBlue to expand T-5 to handle its growing international traffic. From the Press Release:

"Terminal 6, which housed JetBlue before the airline moved to its new Terminal 5 in October 2008, also will be demolished. The demolition will allow JetBlue to begin planning for the expansion of international operations at Terminal 5. The expansion would allow the airline to consolidate the international arrivals that are now handled from Terminal 4 and meet forecasted growth, which would be driven primarily by international travel."

Here is the link:
http://www.panynj.gov/press-room/pre...adLine_id=1277

Last edited by 201flyer; Apr 30, 2010 at 8:01 am
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Drag it! You beat me yet again! So I didn't realize know JFK terminal 6 soon to be demolished. Because we didn't like it at entire T6. So its time to start constructions new CBP facility only for internationals flight arrivals. So I can't wait to see DL T2/3 will next soon to be demolished and it will eventually to start underway renovations the entire DL T2/3 facilities.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
B6 terminal 5 expansion

Its intersting that B6 has managed to get plans to expand their new terminal
while nothing has been coming from DL and their decrepit T2/3 . Although
I think the PA is trying to get B6 out of T4 to leave more room for DL. As this is New York I will believe that this may happen when T6 is demolished .
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
According to Corporate Real Estate this had been on the plans since the plans for T5 were laid out. We had first crack on either rebuilding T6 or tearing it down and expanding T5. The only hold back was CBP didn't have enough officers to staff T1, 4, 7, 8 and T6. Something must have changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.