Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

"Sorry, we are unable to proceed with your selected flights at this time."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Sorry, we are unable to proceed with your selected flights at this time."

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
Thumbs down "Sorry, we are unable to proceed with your selected flights at this time."

"Please select other flights and proceed."

Has anyone else received this error when trying to finalizing flight bookings (payment stage) on JetBlue.com of late?

It has happened the last three itineraries that I've booked (er... attempted to book) within the last eight days.

It happens on different browsers, and with different payment methods (Visa, PayPal, etc.). Nothing indicated it's a client side issue.

There is plenty of availability on the flight and fare level, and a call into 1-800-JETBLUE results in the exact same fare.

It's really maddening.

Making matters worse, the first two times I called into 1-800-JETBLUE the agent accommodated the situation and gladly waived the $15 over-the-phone booking fee. But just now - the third time this error has occurred - I was told I had to get transferred to crew member support if I wanted the fee waived. So I'm on hold yet again (30+ minutes and counting) Lovely.

I've flown just about one round trip a week on B6 this calendar year. The in flight experience on B6 is great, but outside of that I'm getting more and more underwhelmed. If B6 can't build an online booking system that works properly and treats their loyal customers this poorly then perhaps I need to consider giving my business to another airline.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

While sitting on hold I decided to try another approach, since near as I could tell this wasn't a system wide issue.

I went through and booked the flight without signing in with my TrueBlue username and password, and entered my TrueBlue number and all other information manually.

It worked.

So it's something corrupted in my online profile - over the last week or two - that's resulting in the booking failing.

Brilliant IT work, JetBlue.

Last edited by Keegan99; Mar 27, 2010 at 2:49 pm
Old Mar 26, 2010, 8:49 am

I had the same problem, and it also seemed to be related to logging in when booking. I was buying a flight for one person, but using a credit shell from another person. The first time, when I logged in as the buyer not the passenger, I got the error. The second time, I logged in as the passenger, and only logged the buyer into the credit payment part, it worked fine. I think if something in the passenger data doesn't exactly match the TrueBlue account data, it flips out. That's my theory, at least.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 1:47 pm

I'm having the exact same problem. And each time I call JB, the agent assures me that she's never heard of this problem. I also fly JB every week and am starting to move to USAir. Who has 30+ minutes to spare to try and find a phone agent and book a flight? And that assumes there are no weather or system problems that make the telephone wait times truly outrageous.

JB is great once you get onboard. The new computer system is a disaster.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

At least now I know a workaround. Entering information manually is less-than-ideal, but it damn sure beats 30+ minutes on the phone.

It's also somewhat reassuring to know that I'm not the only B6 customer experiencing this issue.

One quirk that may or may not be part of the problem:

B6 has my correct phone number on file (the CSAs pull it up without issue), but attempts to book travel on JetBlue.com populate the field incorrectly.

If my phone number was 512-555-1212, I always see "5551212null" in the phone field - not showing the area code and appending the "null".

That seems like a surefire data integrity issue, and can't be a good sign.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: SPG Gold, DL SM, CO
Having same exact problem

I was also "assured" that they never heard of this problem but were going to look into it. I've sent 2 requests to customer service to get it fixed and they said both times "It's probably your browser or computer" - I am in IT and told them no way is was on my end and had to be their system and they said they were going to look into it.

I'll try the workaround next time and see if that does it. I am booking strictly award travel, unsure if that has anything to do with it.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:27 am

Thank you for your help

I too was having a problem with that error and I called and the lady told me it was because someone else was buying tickets for the same price at the same time and there was a price change. That was not the fact because I tried multiple times and 6 days later, it was the same price.

I am glad I found your post, Keegan, because it worked. Although I had a credit, and I could not use it, I am a frequent flyer on JetBlue and I hope they solve this problem soon, so I can use it.

I sent an email to JetBlue to inform them, and hopefully the person who reads it isn't as inept as an office full of monkeys and they can show it to someone who would actually do something about it.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

I too was having a problem with that error and I called and the lady told me it was because someone else was buying tickets for the same price at the same time and there was a price change.
Got the same excuse as well the second time I called in to book over the phone.

Naturally, the first itinerary I booked over the phone didn't give me my online booking point bonus, despite the CSA's assurances that she would note it on the reservation so that I'd receive it. A followup email to B6 got that resolved (well, supposedly resolved, as the bonus points haven't posted yet), and I subsequently replied with detailed information about the problem and the workaround (and a friendly reminder to make sure I receive the online bonus for the second itin I had to book over the phone).

That was about two days ago. We'll see what response, if any, I get.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:08 pm

Apparently this problem hasn't been fixed in 2+ years. I'm running into it right now, and unfortunately I can't circumvent it manually because I'm trying to book with points. Seriously pathetic...
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:14 pm

Same thing happened to me a few times earlier this week and how convenient, I was trying to book a flight with points, as well.

I just kept trying and eventually it went through. But this was over a span of 48 hours, which also oddly enough, the segment I was trying to book was initially 9,300 points, 24 hours later, it was up to 10,000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.