Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

jetBlue to acquire 5 slot pairs at DCA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetBlue to acquire 5 slot pairs at DCA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by Seat13c
A lot of the BOS destinations start out at 1X daily. A few that come to mind is AUS, MSY, LAS, LAX, and SFO, not to mention there is already existing service BOS-IAD.
You never know... BOS started with 4x daily to BWI, none from JFK, which remains the case. I can easily see 3x BOS, 2x JFK...
Old Mar 24, 2010, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
I can tell you that the company is really excited about this possibility. The email that was sent out stated that they have been fighting for 10 years to get slots into DCA. They now have that opportunity. I bet you may start off seeing DCA-JFK x3 and DCA-BOS x2.
Wait for real official news releases later within weeks. I'm guesses that we will find out soon enough from B6 will inaugurate new route JFK/BOS-DCA. This is limited slots restrictions into DCA. You haven't been wait for too long time after B6 is still fought against DOT & DOJ isn't getting finalized approval.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA1K
this is the best news i've heard in a while! making the trek to IAD is a pain from downtown. this makes B6 so much more attractive if they do DCA-JFK on the e190. i'll def tolerate going to JFK if i can fly out of DCA rather then IAD.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by seanherron
Would probably kill regional service from IAD - but that could open room for more transcons. Maybe IAD-BUR/OAK/SAN? Don't think IAD-LAX/SFO would be feasible due to competition from United and Virgin America.
I don't think it would kill regional service from Dulles, at least to Boston anyways. B6 has 7 daily flights to Boston on mostly A320's and a few E190's. United has a mix of A319's, 757's and CRJ's for 7 daily flights as well. I could see the JFK route get the ax but B6 still has 3 daily flights, two on A320's and one on an E190. Plus, Southwest is dumping their Las Vegas, Orlando and Tampa flight from Dulles, at least seasonally so B6 could add in service with the E190 to be profitable where WN was not.
Although there's VX/UA/AA competition from Dulles to LAX and UA/VX to SFO, that hasn't stopped B6 from adding flights directly against those airlines before, such as at JFK and BOS.

Last edited by sbm12; Mar 25, 2010 at 7:14 pm Reason: UBB
Old Jul 3, 2010, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

FWIW, it seems that the feds are not at all keen on the direct divestment of the slots so this may never happen. The AA deal is still on but this one would seem to be dead for now.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by sbm12
FWIW, it seems that the feds are not at all keen on the direct divestment of the slots so this may never happen. The AA deal is still on but this one would seem to be dead for now.
In the words of Homer Simpson... D'oh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.