FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   jetBlue to acquire 5 slot pairs at DCA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1066037-jetblue-acquire-5-slot-pairs-dca.html)

sbm12 Mar 22, 2010 3:44 pm

jetBlue to acquire 5 slot pairs at DCA

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=973

Assuming the US/DL slot swap goes through and the FAA agrees, jetBlue will pick up 5 slot pairs at DCA. Wonder where they'll fly...

N830MH Mar 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 13626994)
http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=973

Assuming the US/DL slot swap goes through and the FAA agrees, jetBlue will pick up 5 slot pairs at DCA. Wonder where they'll fly...

I am thinking about B6 is considering to start new routes from DCA-JFK or BOS. and LGA, too. Not sure for which the specific routes to be choose. We will find out by tomorrow or next the couple days later.

JetBlueFA Mar 22, 2010 5:20 pm

BOS, JFK, FLL, MCO would be my guess to start

bmg42000 Mar 22, 2010 6:03 pm

B6 to DCA

They do not have enough slots at LGA to fly to DCA (and with the US and DL shuttles there is too much competition).
My guess is that JFK / BOS / Florida are the possiblities (including RSW/TPA) .
Flying on a B6 A320/E90 over a US 734 is a no brainer . With the growth of the federal government this may be a good move.

MrPresident1776 Mar 22, 2010 6:57 pm

I would guess either B6 would use all five to either Boston or New York JFK. Or split it between Orlando and Fort Lauderdale to maximize connections to higher yield Caribbean destinations. US has 6 daily to MCO on 734/319's and FL has 1 daily on a 717. US operates 3 daily on 734's to FLL while Spirit has 3D on 319's.

Seat13c Mar 22, 2010 7:54 pm

I could see:
2X JFK, 1X BOS, 1X MCO, 1X FLL

But, how is this going to effect IAD service?

IADOrange Mar 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 13628354)
I could see:

Would probably kill regional service from IAD - but that could open room for more transcons. Maybe IAD-BUR/OAK/SAN? Don't think IAD-LAX/SFO would be feasible due to competition from United and Virgin America.

DCA-MCO on a JetBlue A320 would be awesome. I took a US 734 on that route last week and it was terrible.

Seat13c Mar 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by seanherron (Post 13628486)
DCA-MCO on a JetBlue A320 would be awesome. I took a US 734 on that route last week and it was terrible.

I took that route last September. It wasn't nearly as misurable as I imagined.

N830MH Mar 22, 2010 9:35 pm

I could see:

I think it would be good fitted for B6 will startup service from DCA-FLL/MCO/BOS/JFK. It would have enough more profitable routes out of DCA. In the future if B6 will have acquiring more extra slots into DCA. Maybe B6 will have to be consider to get more potential new nonstop from IAD-SFO/LAX due to competition against VX are already existing service. It will have fought the wars fares against UA & AA out of IAD-LAX. Consdering yourself B6 will have enough the O/D daily passengers traffic through IAD-LAX. It will be very extremely overcrowded is flying through IAD-LAX/SFO. I cannot have enough the supports for B6 to bring more potential new routes anytime soon.

IADOrange Mar 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 13628694)
I took that route last September. It wasn't nearly as misurable as I imagined.

Flying last week pitted me against the throngs of snow-birds and spring breakers. Flight was severely oversold and no one was even there to greet passengers upon entering the plane. I do, however, enjoy the larger cups US gives out compared to other airlines.

Seat13c Mar 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 13628942)
I think it would be good fitted for B6 will startup service from DCA-FLL/MCO/BOS/JFK. It would have enough more profitable routes out of DCA. In the future if B6 will have acquiring more extra slots into DCA. Maybe B6 will have to be consider to get more potential new nonstop from IAD-SFO/LAX due to competition against VX are already existing service. It will have fought the wars fares against UA & AA out of IAD-LAX. Consdering yourself B6 will have enough the O/D daily passengers traffic through IAD-LAX. It will be very extremely overcrowded is flying through IAD-LAX/SFO. I cannot have enough the supports for B6 to bring more potential new routes anytime soon.

I could see IAD carrying a more high profile routes and DCA more the shorter routes like BOS and MCO. But, that's just my guess.

Originally Posted by seanherron (Post 13629299)
Flying last week pitted me against the throngs of snow-birds and spring breakers. Flight was severely oversold and no one was even there to greet passengers upon entering the plane. I do, however, enjoy the larger cups US gives out compared to other airlines.

Considering the route, maybe I got lucky with not too many families on the flight. The flight did get delayed b/c of MX problem in PVD, prior coming to DCA for the DCA-MCO flight. Crew was fine and beverage service, like you mentioned, was adequate and prompt. Suprisingly, I've always had a good experience on US dispite the constant bad rap they carry.

nerd Mar 23, 2010 10:24 pm

I could see:

Honestly, what's 1x BOS going to give you? It's mostly O/D pax, and you're not going to pull them from US/AA/DL who have broader schedules.

vatraveler Mar 24, 2010 5:17 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I think once-daily departures would be ludicrous. They need to concentrate on one, maybe two, destinations from DCA.

Seat13c Mar 24, 2010 7:20 am

Originally Posted by nerd (Post 13635870)
Honestly, what's 1x BOS going to give you? It's mostly O/D pax, and you're not going to pull them from US/AA/DL who have broader schedules.

Originally Posted by vatraveler (Post 13636996)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I think once-daily departures would be ludicrous. They need to concentrate on one, maybe two, destinations from DCA.

A lot of the BOS destinations start out at 1X daily. A few that come to mind is AUS, MSY, LAS, LAX, and SFO, not to mention there is already existing service BOS-IAD.

JetBlueFA Mar 24, 2010 8:10 am

I can tell you that the company is really excited about this possibility. The email that was sent out stated that they have been fighting for 10 years to get slots into DCA. They now have that opportunity. I bet you may start off seeing DCA-JFK x3 and DCA-BOS x2.