Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Now that B6 is using Sabre...........

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

Can they (or will they) put you on another airline if your B6 flight is not operating?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 5:01 pm

No more than before. Sabre is not an interline agreement.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 5:22 pm

Did anyone see "The Office" this week? Dunder-Mifflin gets taken over by a corporation called "Sabre," but all the employees have a little trouble with pronunciation.

With that as inspiration, sung to the tune of "Party in the USA":
"Whoa-oa-oa-oa-oa-oa-oa, JetBlue's now using Sab-ray!"

Ok, that's out of my system now.

In practice, I've never actually successfully used another airline's interline agreement. Two recent-ish family experiences:

-Continental flight, much delayed, leaves SLC at 3am, but they won't interline on a Delta flight with seats available hours earlier between the same destinations

-American flight from BOS to LGA emergency lands in Hartford and stays there all day. American refuses to release bags to allow passengers to interline, even those whose final destination is not LGA. Most passengers finally bused to LGA that night. 1 hour flight becomes 10 hour voyage.

So, I think that interline agreements don't guarantee an easier time getting accommodation on alternative airlines. Good, flexible customer service is most important, and interlining simply a tool to accomplish that.

Last edited by somedude24; Feb 6, 2010 at 7:39 pm
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
I think Sabre gives us the ability to interline but let's not rush.

Let the crewmembers learn the system for a few months, it's like a rebirth.

I would suspect product improvements with Sabre first.

Interline may come online in the future. I will try and bring this up to a business meeting they are having for inflight crewmembers next week and get back to you...
Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JAX2BOS
Interline may come online in the future. I will try and bring this up to a business meeting they are having for inflight crewmembers next week and get back to you...
I can't wait!

JetBlue, welcome to 1993!

Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Sabre does give us the capability to interline which is where I was going with the posting.

I went to the meeting today and without disclosing any company information I can only tell you I personally do not believe we will be seeing interlining in the near future.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:28 pm
Suspended

JetBlue no longer shows on ITA as an option??
Old Mar 7, 2010, 4:54 am
Company Representative - ITA Software

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
JetBlue no longer shows on ITA as an option??
They show up in a sample JFK-OAK query I just did. Was there a particular market where they're missing but you thought they should show up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.