Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best kobe beef in Tokyo ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Best kobe beef in Tokyo ?

visiting tokyo in november.. where should we consider having the best - and best valued kobe beef??
thnx
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Very good question. I could give you a few locations in Osaka, but not in Tokyo. Am interested in reading some of the recommendations.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
Very good question. I could give you a few locations in Osaka, but not in Tokyo. Am interested in reading some of the recommendations.
If you can't find any Kobe beef place in Tokyo, you might want to consider Matsuzaka beef. Google it. (there are 3 or 4 kinds of beef in Japan that are just as good, if not better than Kobe beef, and possibly not as expensive)
There is a nice place in Kichijoji..

You can read some guy's story here.
http://www.ededition.com/steak-house...atsuzaka-beef/
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
A place I've had a good experience with is called Himorogi, at the top of the Brighton Hotel which is adjacent to Shin-Urayasu Station on the Keiyo Line (several stations east of Tokyo Station, just over the line into Chiba Prefecture).

I don't know if it's Kobe, Matsuzaka, or what not, but it ties with the best Japanese high-end beef I've had. It's served teppanyaki style in a nice setting with you seated at the grill with the chef behind it, and a full set meal was a very reasonable 6500 yen or thereabouts. You could probably pay twice that for the same thing at one of the high-end hotels in Tokyo proper.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 1:26 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a great beef meal in a restaurant at the Imperial hotel, forget the name, but there almost certainly is only one teppan place in there. Also don't remember if the beef ws actually from Kobe, there are other places in Japan producing great stuff as well -- it was the best beef I've ever had in my life.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some interesting articles on Wagyu....

http://www.luciesfarm.com/artman/pub...ticle_37.shtml
http://www.luciesfarm.com/artman/pub...ticle_38.shtml
http://www.luciesfarm.com/artman/pub...ticle_39.shtml
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Had a great beef meal in a restaurant at the Imperial hotel, forget the name, but there almost certainly is only one teppan place in there. Also don't remember if the beef ws actually from Kobe, there are other places in Japan producing great stuff as well -- it was the best beef I've ever had in my life.
That's Kamon, on the 17 floor. One of my favorites.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Steve M
A place I've had a good experience with is called Himorogi, at the top of the Brighton Hotel which is adjacent to Shin-Urayasu Station on the Keiyo Line (several stations east of Tokyo Station, just over the line into Chiba Prefecture).
Do you know the one about the drunk and the lamppost?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Pickles
Yes. How does it apply here?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talking

Originally Posted by Pickles
Have you been busy during silver week?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
I had a great meal at Beacon in January. 4 courses, including a Wagyu steak for about 9500 yen. One of the best value meals of my life. PM for more info.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by fs2k2isfun
...for about 9500 yen. One of the best value meals of my life. PM for more info.
You mean you don't get a NY Strip for $19.99 at Outback where you live? Even at Outback Shinagawa it's only Y3240.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a decidedly delicious Imari-Gyu(Saga) fest last night. We ate and drank for about 3500 Yen PP.....^
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it near impossible to get Kobe beef in Tokyo as it's the wrong prefecture? Matsuzaka should be what's available.

I had my Kobe steak in Kobe. Magnificent.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Had a decidedly delicious Imari-Gyu(Saga) fest last night. We ate and drank for about 3500 Yen PP.....^
I tried that once in Isahaya teppanyaki style, pretty good stuff. Being in Isahaya, it wasn't expensive either.

I heard people say that Kobe beef is really Sanda beef or Tajima beef. But looking at how Sanda had developed, Tajima is probably more like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.