Community
Wiki Posts
Search

going to japan

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2008, 1:59 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by msb0b
I take my pen, any pen will do, and write right on my screen. The microswitches in Japanese LCD sends a list of activated pixels to the recipient. Only Japanese LCD will work. It won't work on Korean, Taiwanese or Chinese made LCD.
For those of you who are wondering, this is because Japanese LCD screens contain a significant amount of local rice (about 15% by mass), which has a unique grain length and moisture content owing to the unduplicated nature of Japan's divinely-inspired soil. The rice has a chemical reaction with the pen (all pens are made in Japan, btw) which directly programs the Japanese text into the computer.

If this sounds unbelievable... well, it's because Izanagi and Izanami made it that way, d---it. ^ ^
Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:38 am

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by msb0b
Now Japanese schoolgirls, they got an input system only they can use. The device is called a k-tai with 12 buttons on it. I don't know how it works, but they can achieve wpm even Mavis Beacon would be jealous of, all the while wearing 2 寸 long art nails.
Of all the technical achievements in Japan, this one amazes me the most.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:12 pm

Don't forget if you want to travel around Japan a lot though, you'll be wanting a JR rail pass: http://www.japanrailpass.net/
Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

so does that mean japanese computers are more high tech?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by japanflyer
so does that mean japanese computers are more high tech?
No, it means that they are "Japanese computers are special".
Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyorich
No, it means that they are "Japanese computers are special".
Or, "You wouldn't understand because you're not Japanese".
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Talking

Be glad they don't use a crazy alphabet in Japan. (Besides Katakana and hiragana, that is!)

Just pray you know enough Kanji to use the keitai. :P

Sanosuke!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT
oh and lets say if i buy a computer down in japan do they go according to what its worth here for example if a computer is worth 900 dollars here would it be worth the same down there or something different and how much tax do i have to pay when i come back to the usa (does it go by the state i live in?)
I'm new here, but I just HAD to write in after seeing the above post. It may be one of the [unintentionally] funniest posts I have ever seen on Flyertalk! Kudos to you, japanflyer. And if you happen to be in Tokyo the week of March 10th, feel free to drop by the Pen--I'd be honored to buy you a drink.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimmy ice
I'm new here, but I just HAD to write in after seeing the above post. It may be one of the [unintentionally] funniest posts I have ever seen on Flyertalk! Kudos to you, japanflyer. And if you happen to be in Tokyo the week of March 10th, feel free to drop by the Pen--I'd be honored to buy you a drink.
Smidgen will be most upset at the slight!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Smidgen will be most upset at the slight!
That's right. He doesn't like to be made the butt of jokes. His prose is dead serious, not meant to humor the peanut gallery.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

hey does anyone know the festiveties that occur in japan every year?
Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:48 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
The master thread at the top of this forum contains links to other sites that list some major festivals. It also offers links to some "trip reports" from FT members who attended some festivals.

In addition, you really ought to get a guidebook to Japan and read it. You will find a wealth of information on festivals, hotels and things to see and do. After reading that, you might identify some gaps in the information that could best be answered by people who've been to Japan. That's the time to post a specific question to this community.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 9:50 pm

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2063.html

Google is your friend.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 4:45 pm

Programs: Dirt
There is the Kanamara Matsuri, and there are the rest.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 5:32 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.