Tickets to Red Sox Opener at Tokyo Dome

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tickets to Red Sox Opener at Tokyo Dome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2008, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by hamburgler
Educated Japanese readers have informed me that this weekend's presale is for "Excite Seats" which are behind home plate, and the regular presale starts on the 23rd.
Should I got to Lawsons at midnight of the 22nd or 9 a.m. of the 23rd?
Old Jan 19, 2008, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by hamburgler
Educated Japanese readers have informed me that this weekend's presale is for "Excite Seats" which are behind home plate, and the regular presale starts on the 23rd.
Presale is for seats right on the field on the 1st and 3rd base sidelines, called "Excite Seats." Tickets are ¥18,000 each, and are limited to 2 per customer. It is an online lottery, going on right now until 11:59pm today, the 20th. Another lottery-style presale for other types of seats will take place from 7pm on the 23rd of January to 11:59pm on the 30th. Once you register, you are entered in the lottery, and should you win, your credit card is automatically charged and you cannot cancel. To register you need to be a member of Lawson Ticket's website (free).
Here is a link to the presale lottery (Japanese only): http://l-tike.com/d1/AA02G03F1.do?DB...CD=1&PGCD=3899

The general sale starts on February 9th, from 10:00 AM. You can order by phone, online, or in person through Lawson, Pia, e+ Ticketing, CN Play Guide, or at the Tokyo Dome itself. Tickets for the season openers are at 4 price levels, ranging from ¥4,500 to ¥18,000.

This is a basic summary of all the information I could find, but if anyone wants me to translate something specific, let me know and I'll be happy to help. It doesn't seem like there are any English websites for ordering the tickets, so I would enlist the help of a Japanese friend if you want to buy some
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:02 pm

Hi. I have info about the getting Oalkand A's tickets and Red v. A's in Japan. I received an e-mail from MLB for season ticket holders to purchase tickets. The site works even if you are not a season ticket holder, as long as you have the code . I am unable to post a link because it is an e-mail, but if you PM me with your e-mail address I would be happy to forward you the MLB link to purchase tickets. Since this is through the Oakland A's, you cannot purchase the Red Sox games against the Tokyo teams, only the A's v. Sox and A's vs. Tokyo teams.

I was able to purchase 4 tickets this morning to the exhibition game against the Tigers.

Heather

Last edited by hlester3; Jan 22, 2008 at 5:47 pm Reason: mistake
Old Feb 10, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
So the two MLB games are sold out at this point according to Ticket Pia. How'd everyone here do at getting tickets? Personally both my lottery bids for C-level tickets on the Red Sox side were accepted, so I've got tickets (sadly no extras, however).

If anyone is still looking for tickets, there are seats available for three of the four exhibition games the previous weekend against J teams, however.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 6:32 am

Programs: XJT
sox tix in japan

could you pass along the email from mlb for the sox tix .. thx muxh / chowda !!
my email [email protected]

Originally Posted by hlester3
Hi. I have info about the getting Oalkand A's tickets and Red v. A's in Japan. I received an e-mail from MLB for season ticket holders to purchase tickets. The site works even if you are not a season ticket holder, as long as you have the code . I am unable to post a link because it is an e-mail, but if you PM me with your e-mail address I would be happy to forward you the MLB link to purchase tickets. Since this is through the Oakland A's, you cannot purchase the Red Sox games against the Tokyo teams, only the A's v. Sox and A's vs. Tokyo teams.

I was able to purchase 4 tickets this morning to the exhibition game against the Tigers.

Heather

Last edited by chowda2stl; Feb 11, 2008 at 6:35 am Reason: add email
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:34 pm

red sox side

I know the Red Sox will be the "Visiting" team, but do you know which side dugout they will be in? 1st or 3rd base?

Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 14, 2008, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/1.8MM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I was able to buy two tickets through the email Hlester forwarded me from the Oakland As season ticket holder's presale. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival which should be any day now. Thanks again Heather!
Old Feb 22, 2008, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I was offered 18 tickets to the second game for free. I passed, I don't care about baseball, muahhaaahaaahaaa!
Old Mar 19, 2008, 8:43 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Report: Sox players upset about coaches not being paid for Japan trip

Might not be any games to go see at this rate...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3301195

The sense of international goodwill Major League Baseball was hoping to spread with the Boston Red Sox-Oakland Athletics trip to Japan has been threatened before the plane even leaves the tarmac.

At issue is whether the Red Sox coaches will be paid $40,000 each -- the same as each player will be getting -- for the Japan appearance, which includes two exhibition games as well as two games that will count in the standings.

According to the Boston Herald, the Red Sox will hold a players-only meeting Wednesday morning about the situation. The players are prepared to respond to Major League Baseball with an ultimatum -- if the coaches aren't paid, the Red Sox players will not get on the plane to go to Japan, the Herald reported.

The team -- and manager Terry Francona, in particular -- was incensed when it learned each coach would not be receiving the $40,000, a stipulation that was in the original agreement to go to Japan, the Herald reported.

Francona first found out there might be an issue two days ago, when he discovered Athletics coaches already knew they were not being paid. Francona told the Boston Globe that he has been trying to reach Major League Baseball officials for two days, to no avail.

He said he did not care about the money for himself, but for some of the coaches, $40,000 is two-fifths of a salary, a tidy bonus for an 18-day trip that also includes a coaching clinic and a visit to a U.S. Army base, the Globe reported.

The Red Sox were scheduled to have a send-off, with fans cheering them on as they board their buses for the airport following a 12:05 p.m. game against the Toronto Blue Jays at City of Palms Park.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:03 am

I will be in Tokyo from March 27 - March 30. Can someone tell me if there is a game on 28 / 29? Not the MLBA games that is...

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2008, 7:03 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by jag009
I will be in Tokyo from March 27 - March 30. Can someone tell me if there is a game on 28 / 29? Not the MLBA games that is...

Thanks
Yes, there are games on both the 28th, and 29th. The Yomiuri Giants play Yakult Swallows at Yakult's home staduim (Jingu) on 3/28 at 6PM and on 3/29 at 3PM. Very tough tickets to get I would assume as the Giant's are the main draw in Japan. Both of the Tokyo suburban teams are in action as well and would probably be much easier to get ticket for. Chiba Lotte Marines (Bobby Valentine's team) play at Chiba Marine Stadium against Orix Buffaloes on 3/28 at 6:15PM and on 3/29 at 2PM. The Seibu Lions play at the Seibu Dome against the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks on 3/28 at 6PM and on 3/29 at 2PM.
http://www.japanball.com/baseballjapan.htm
Old Mar 19, 2008, 7:20 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Might not be any games to go see at this rate...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3301195

Guess they sorted it out...and are on their way to Tokyo on a JL flight (8807) from Ft. Meyers with a stop in ORD...if anyone's interested.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Silver
I am!!!....got my tickets and am now all set

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.