Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

CTS or SPK - Two airport codes for Sapporo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG Gold

Just got my MP Visa and it scared me a bit. I purchased a rev ticket to Sapporo and the charge showed SFO-NGO-CTS-NGO-SFO with ANA codeshare and UA flight nums.

Wife did an award and the charge (for taxes) showed SFO-NGO-SPK-NGO-SFO with ANA codeshare and ANA flight nums.

Now I know that we are on the same flights because I called in to make seat arrangements but for a second thought that they might have changed her itin afterwards... A quick google showed that SPK was Sapporo, Japan.

Does Sapporo have two airport codes?
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA member since 1990 (lifetime PLT/OWS)
SPK is the city code whilst CTS is the airport code.
The same for Tokyo: city code = TYO, airport code = NRT.

btw, CTS represents the name of the airport, New Chitose. I don't know what the "old" airport code was.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 5:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
According to Wiki the "old" Chitose Airport airport code was SPK, Chitnose airport (now a Self defense base), New Chitose Airport opened with the airport code CTS.

SPK today is referes to City code for both Okadama Airport (OKD) and New Citnose Airport (CTS).

As mentioned its just like TYO is the city code for Tokyo, airport codes (HND) for Haneda and (NRT) for Narita.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, HH Gold, SPG Gold
sweet thanks for the info... didn't want us to land in two different places...
weird that UA would put SPK on the cc description and not CTS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.