Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Restaurants in Ikebukuro?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2005, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Good Restaurants in Ikebukuro?

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good restaurants in Ikebukuro. I'm not really looking for any upscale places - just ones that are popular with the locals or are in some way different from the ordinary. Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 6:27 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
This is a link to the Japanese-language TOKYO WALKER website regarding their recommendations in Ikebukuro:

http://www.walkerplus.com/cgi-bin/se...ext&NEXT_POS=1

Sorry to post a link in Japanese but they have pictures of interiors and meals with every restaurant together with prices. It's an unbeatable local resource for Tokyo gourmets.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 4:55 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by mosburger
This is a link to the Japanese-language TOKYO WALKER website regarding their recommendations in Ikebukuro:

http://www.walkerplus.com/cgi-bin/se...ext&NEXT_POS=1

Sorry to post a link in Japanese but they have pictures of interiors and meals with every restaurant together with prices. It's an unbeatable local resource for Tokyo gourmets.
To add to my previous post, after choosing a restaurant from the main menu.: If you click on the fourth icon from the top ( O-susume menu ) on the left hand corner you will get a pictorial recommended menu for each restaurant complete with prices in Yen.

Last edited by mosburger; Feb 6, 2005 at 4:58 am
Old Feb 10, 2005, 11:05 pm

Programs: NWA PE, Delta Pt, United 1P
There's lots of good choices on the top floor of Tobu, which is easily
accessible from Ikebukuro station.

There's also this neat (but really small) Indian restaurant near the west exit. Get out the west exit from Ikebukuro, and walk straight, you'll pass a McD on your right, and about a block from there, you'll see the Indian restaurant on the right. The restaurant logo outside is the Indian Flag (Orange, white, green), and you'll see 3 Indian cooks working inside. Interesting spot in how small it is... I can't believe those 3 guys fit in an area about the size of my kitchen! (not that my kitchen is that big!)

On the east side of Ikebukuro station (east of the train tracks), there's a number of kaiten-zushi, tempura, and shabu-shabu restaurants to explore.. nothing special, seemed very "down to earth"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.