Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Cockroaches in Machiya Residence Inn Kyoto. What could I have done differently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cockroaches in Machiya Residence Inn Kyoto. What could I have done differently?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2023, 5:41 pm

More evidence that reviews are manipulated and do not reflect in any way actual situations. I'd suggest OP is probably offside by not removing this. Haha. It's also a review. ;-)
Cinnabom likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
On a family trip at a ryokan in Tsumago I raised my head one morning to see a gejigeji scuttling away. Lifting the buckwheat chaff pillow I learned about the torment I had unwittingly inflicted on the creature as a few of its legs were left behind. I can’t imagine the horror of that long, long night the poor thing endured.

source of photo: https://ishikawajet.wordpress.com/20...s-of-ishikawa/

Jesus! Now cancelling my trip to see my son. Ha!
Old Jun 25, 2023, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Jesus! Now cancelling my trip to see my son. Ha!
A perfect example of not judging a book by its cover. These striking critters are friends to humans but a scourge to cockroaches.
Cinnabom likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by od_sf
Glad to hear that you were able to get the requested refund. now please post a link to the machiya in question, so that we know not to stay there. :-)
I tried to link it in my original post, but I don’t believe it is allowed for my account to post links. Anyway, it is managed by Machiya Inns & Hotels. They have quite a decent amount of following on instagram and stellar reviews on Airbnb. Definitely did not expect to run into any issues.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 4:48 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cinnabom
Anyway, I ended up leaving a review about a week ago with pictures of my tiny friends. I guess they did not like that. They immediately reached out to me and agreed to the refund I originally requested. In exchange, I had to take down my review. It’s nice to finally be done with all this, and it was definitely an almost expensive lesson learned. Will probably be sticking to hotels in the mean time.
Good for you. The one-on-one private conversations no longer work that well to resolve disputes due to constraints of corporate policies. Social media postings, educating future consumers of such products, via bad service/bad product reviews are pretty much the only method to get a response, when unsatisfactory outcomes were obtained through private conversations. The power of public shaming that prevents future revenue still is useful.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by LapLap
A perfect example of not judging a book by its cover. These striking critters are friends to humans but a scourge to cockroaches.
A bit like house centipedes in Canada. I just cannot shake off the shudder.
LapLap likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.