Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Need Covid test to enter Japan from Taiwan??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2023, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD

Entered Japan from USA and did not need Covid test. Next week flying to TPE and Eva website link indicates that when I return to Japan mid April (before may 8 rule change) I will need a Covid test 3 days prior. Doesn’t say which type of Covid test (self, antigen, pcr).

is that correct or did I misread? And if correct can someone provide details or a link?
Old Apr 7, 2023, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Pretty sure Taiwan follows the same rules rules as coming from the USA, vax'd OR test, they were a blue country back when that was a thing. JAL's website also shows vax or test. What was the wording they sent to you? EVA's website sends me to traveldoc which just says the rules of vax OR test.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by seigex
Pretty sure Taiwan follows the same rules rules as coming from the USA, vax'd OR test, they were a blue country back when that was a thing. JAL's website also shows vax or test. What was the wording they sent to you? EVA's website sends me to traveldoc which just says the rules of vax OR test.
Perhaps (hopefully) I misunderstood but… Eva site sent me to TRAVELDOC. clicking Japan (my departure country) I received

unclear to me that if I am fully vaccinated I still must abide by Covid testing to reenter Japan. I live in USA and have total 5 vaccinations/boosters and am traveling mid April before may 8. How do u interpret my situation?
thanks in advance.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
That should only be for if you are unvaccinated, per Timatic with a Taiwan to Japan itinerary in mid april for 2 weeks for an American citizen:

Warning:

Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. Tests accepted are: CLEIA/ECLIA quantitative antigen test, LAMP, NEAR, Next Generation Sequence, PCR, RT-PCR, Smart Amp, TMA or TRC. The test certificate must be in English and specify that the test is based on a "nasopharyngeal swab", or "saliva", or "nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swab". A "nasal swab" is also accepted if the test type is LAMP, NEAR, PCR, RT-PCR, Smart Amp, TMA or TRC. Details can be found at https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/covid-19/border_test.html and https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000905811.pdf.

This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated and received a booster dose. Vaccines accepted are: AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), CanSinoBIO (Convidecia), Covaxin, Covovax, Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Nuvaxovid (Novavax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm and Sinovac. A combination of vaccines is accepted. The certificate must be in English, Japanese or accompanied by a certified English or Japanese translation. More details can be found at https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000997373.pdf
You are good to go, I think it shows that same thing in traveldoc if you click you are coming from the US also.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seigex
That should only be for if you are unvaccinated, per Timatic with a Taiwan to Japan itinerary in mid april for 2 weeks for an American citizen:

You are good to go, I think it shows that same thing in traveldoc if you click you are coming from the US also.
thanks so much. I don’t know how I could travel again without flyertalk and access to all u knowledgeable folks.will sleep better tonight.
seigex likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.