Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita fast track

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2023, 2:16 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by seigex
In the past that was the case, you'd have to go through an immigration agent if you needed the temp visitor visa stamp, the new system it prints it on the back of your TTP card as you pass through the gate, up to 15 visas will fit, and you can use your card for any places you need it, like tax free and JR pass.
I don't know how they print it on, but I suspect it's disappearing ink. Put the card in your pocket for a few hours and the print comes off.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 3:49 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by YariGuy
I don't know how they print it on, but I suspect it's disappearing ink. Put the card in your pocket for a few hours and the print comes off.
The printing looks similar to the flimsy loyalty cards that my local shopping area issues. The one in my wallet says that it may be damaged by water, heat, and magnetic fields - but it has stood up well to the rigors of daily life. I would guess that the printing on the TTP card is a little more robust:
https://www.isa.go.jp/en/publication...ine_index.html
Old Mar 27, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
To me at least it is light years better now -- the line for returning foreign residents / APEC / diplomats has been very long lately -- while the automated gates are always empty...
Have not seen that. At most 1 or 2 people in the APEC line.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by 5khours
Have not seen that. At most 1 or 2 people in the APEC line.
I guess I've been arriving at the wrong times -- at Narita and Haneda there have been very long lines at the one "special" lane designated for APEC / diplomats / returning residents / special needs.... We are in and out monthly but it's always arriving around 4-7pm since we come from NYC.... With the Chinese free to travel to Japan now it's gotten much worse lately...
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:24 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
On way to APEC lane at NRT I noticed the Fast Track signs again; are they expediting first class pax with the passes again? I have several old ones I haven’t used from 2017 and wonder if they will still work.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:27 pm

I sure hope so. Will be landing in about 4 hours on a fairly full ANA a380. Will update later.
seigex likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by pesos
I sure hope so. Will be landing in about 4 hours on a fairly full ANA a380. Will update later.
So it sounds like you got your initial inspection complete before your flight?
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by seigex
So it sounds like you got your initial inspection complete before your flight?
Unfortunately no, still showing initial inspection on the website. Hoping first class immigration priority is back in action. EDIT: FA says due to Covid fasttrack is still not functioning.
seigex likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:31 am

They held us for connecting intl and then domestic pax to deplane - took way too long; there seemed to be some confusion. Once they let F out the door the hallway was already fairly full. At least things kept moving somewhat until the immigration room. Total time to clear immigration from touchdown was about 55 minutes (including taxi) so not that bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.