Wiki Posts
Search

8 Hours in HND - What to do?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
8 Hours in HND - What to do?

Im flying DSM-BKK in a couple of weeks and Im going to be spending 8 hours in HND. It doesnt look like theres a United club there. I have no status. Can I get some suggestions what to do for that amount of time ? Ill be there from 4:05PM local to 12:05AM. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by n198ua
I’m flying DSM-BKK in a couple of weeks and I’m going to be spending 8 hours in HND. It doesn’t look like there’s a United club there. I have no status. Can I get some suggestions what to do for that amount of time ? Ill be there from 4:05PM local to 12:05AM. Thanks in advance.
If you are flying in J you can access the NH lounges -- otherwise there isn't much to do at the airport. Assuming you are fully vaxed you are now allowed to enter Japan and could spend some time in Tokyo, have a nice meal, and then head back to the airport... The Japan forum (under destinations) has all the information you need about entering Japan...
ty97 and pudgym29 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
If you are flying in J you can access the NH lounges -- otherwise there isn't much to do at the airport. Assuming you are fully vaxed you are now allowed to enter Japan and could spend some time in Tokyo, have a nice meal, and then head back to the airport... The Japan forum (under destinations) has all the information you need about entering Japan...
Im in Premium Plus so Im going to assume that has no lounge access.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: too many
Agree with the suggestion to get out of the airport for a bit (if you are eligible). Tokyo is always great to visit, even if just for a few hours!
EmailKid, aquanine and appenzeller like this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
The leg that matters for lounge access will be HND - BKK -- if that is in J then you are in, if it is in PP then no access will be granted...
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: too many
It appears the ANA lounge is also a Priority Pass lounge (after 11am until last flight). That, of course, would require a priority pass membership, either via direct membership payment or via one of the credit cards that grants membership.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:42 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by ty97
Agree with the suggestion to get out of the airport for a bit (if you are eligible). Tokyo is always great to visit, even if just for a few hours!
+1
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
NH PE grants lounge access, but by way your premium plus description, you are flying on UA.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Haneda has easy access to the city.
And luggage storage for your carryons
Go enjoy your evening.
Come back and switch into your summer clothes before heading to BKK
Old Nov 18, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: UA 1K
Spend the evening in Shinjuku. You probably have time to visit for around 4 hours
Old Nov 18, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Repooc17
NH PE grants lounge access, but by way your premium plus description, you are flying on UA.
I don't think UA flies HND-BKK. I would assume NH or TG. (I don't know the latter's access policy)
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:42 pm

Not exactly sure if the soradonki shop is open or close at HND. The HND website says closed, donki's main website didn't say closed
https://tokyo-haneda.com/en/shop_and...ant_00104.html

If you are a Costco fan, 40 min rail+bus to Costco (their Hokkaido ice cream is really good but dunno if it changed after COVID)

Otherwise, just go into the city (Shinjuku, shinagawa or Yokohama). HND t3 landside has some decent restaurants too , if you don't want the hassle of going into the city
Old Nov 18, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
If you like craft beer, Devilcraft in Hamamatsucho is a short walk from the monorail station.
jib71 and Gnuwave like this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

I think Haneda garden city has just opened.
otherwise popping out is a good idea.
I liked walking up chuo dori in Ginza.

Regards

Tbs
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 11:29 am

Take the Keikyū Airport Line from HND to Shimbashi station (30 minutes & 430). Walk from Shimbashi station to Sushi Ginza Iwa (4-minute walk) and spend 90 minutes having a delicious Edomae sushi dinner at Ginza Iwa (you will need to book a few days ahead - 33,000). Walk 3 minutes from Ginza Iwa to Ginza Music Bar for a nice post-dinner drink, then head back to Shimbashi station (5-minute walk) to catch the Keikyū Airport Line back to HND. You're welcome!
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.