Search

Business Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: none
Business Visa

Please mods, let me know if i'm in the wrong forum

So here's the deal, i have a congress in september 2022, from the 7th to the 13th, i have plane tickes from 4th to 19th, invitation letter for the congress (7 to 13), have already a guarantee letter and the EFRS... will i'll be able to get the visa? i have to leave my papers at the embassy next week, only one thing that its going against me is that the invitation letter is from the 7th to the 13th. im planning going to korea the 13 to 19 and using my return flight just by going in transit throu narita

seems logical? would i get into trouble?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
You might have issues with the plane ticket on the 4th, but the invitation letter on the 7th? If possible I would align your flights with the invitation period.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
Assuming you're from Chile the simplified form should be possible, but you better ask your embassy about it to be certain. Simplified would mean you don't need to show your invitation or guarantee letter. You can find more info about it on the German embassy page: https://www.de.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_...Business%20ENG
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: none
Originally Posted by freakazoid
Assuming you're from Chile the simplified form should be possible, but you better ask your embassy about it to be certain. Simplified would mean you don't need to show your invitation or guarantee letter. You can find more info about it on the German embassy page: https://www.de.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_...Business%20ENG
I'll ask, but as i have read, different embassies use different rules and in the Japanese ministry of foreign affairs out states that different additional documents might be needed in jurisdictions
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Originally Posted by A Little Cow
You might have issues with the plane ticket on the 4th, but the invitation letter on the 7th? If possible I would align your flights with the invitation period.
I have no idea but assuming you have a visa, if the vis covers the dates you plan to be here, you should be fine. Otherwise, what about changing your return flight once you're already here.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Kannai
I have no idea but assuming you have a visa, if the vis covers the dates you plan to be here, you should be fine. Otherwise, what about changing your return flight once you're already here.
I've gotten so many visas in past two years for travel to Japan -- but not business ones -- in the past few years -- all of the visas I've been issued were 100% valid on the date ISSUED -- and they expired 90 days later -- regardless of the actual travel dates... So if OP obtains a visa and has a travel date before the submitted travel dates on their forms -- it is valid -- and has plenty of time to change a return -- so showing up "early" won't be an issue -- and possibly only staying too long would be....
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Would it make sense for OP to show a (refundable, possibly award) ticket for the Japan-Korea RT? Will OP need a visa for Korea?

BTW, if Japan is doing single entry business visas, would the OP need to enter Japan in order to connect back from South Korea on separate tickets? I would assume that luggage cannot be checked through, but of course this depends on the airline(s) involved. My understanding is that Japan does allow transit on separate tickets, but you cannot plan to stay overnight at NRT nor to transfer between NRT and HND.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott/IHG Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Francisco Javier Aguila Aguayo
Please mods, let me know if i'm in the wrong forum

So here's the deal, i have a congress in september 2022, from the 7th to the 13th, i have plane tickes from 4th to 19th, invitation letter for the congress (7 to 13), have already a guarantee letter and the EFRS... will i'll be able to get the visa? i have to leave my papers at the embassy next week, only one thing that its going against me is that the invitation letter is from the 7th to the 13th. im planning going to korea the 13 to 19 and using my return flight just by going in transit throu narita

seems logical? would i get into trouble?
Last time I got my business VISA in early July (to visit the local office), they don't really care when exactly you will be there given the visa duration ranges from 30 to 90 days anyway.
As long as you can get your visa in time which seems to be an issue in many area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.