Community
Wiki Posts
Search

transfer HND to NRT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2023, 10:52 pm

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by omk298
We've got flights booked in April on JL, HAN-NRT/HND-LHR. When we booked there was almost 5 hours to make the transfer. We've just had the departure time brought forward on the second flight so we only have 3hr15.

What is the official MCT for this transfer? I've seen 3hr in some places, 3hr30 in others.
Trying to book this connection as Multi-City on the JAL homepage gives the following error message: "Error: The departure time of your selected flight is only 190 minutes after the arrival of the preceding flight. Minimum connecting time is 210 minutes. Please change your flight selection and try again." So, 3.5h.
omk298 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by bpe
Definitely call and ask about other flight options.
Not sure what the Japan or booking country's (UK?) rule on this is, but shouldn't a schedule change of this type that violates MCT allow for a full refund or free rebooking?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 6:09 pm
bpe

Programs: AS, UA
Originally Posted by drewguy
Not sure what the Japan or booking country's (UK?) rule on this is, but shouldn't a schedule change of this type that violates MCT allow for a full refund or free rebooking?
UK's rules would apply for flights departing the UK (not in this case), Vietnam's could for flights departing Vietnam (don't know if the have strong rules if any) and Japan's probably would since the flight that they would misconnect to departs from Japan.

But regardless, JAL (and ANA fwiw) are both generally good about reaccommodating and I wouldn't worry about having to know and quote exact regulations to them.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 12:22 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
It’s possible that the OP booked the two flights separately, so the airline won’t automatically propose an alternative.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Thanks everyone. So the Int-Int MCT is 3.5 hours - that's good to know. We booked the flights through BA using Avios, so anticipating a bit of a fight to get it sorted. Have left it a few weeks to work out exactly what we want to do, going to start trying to sort it out soon.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
In case anyone else is in a similar situation in the future, I've just phoned BA about this booking. They immediately accepted it was impossible as below MCT and moved us to the next day's JL flight without any arguments (we decided we wanted a day in Tokyo).
LapLap, nishimark and pudgym29 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.