Transfer HND to NRT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer HND to NRT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JMM58
How about if I take an UBER?
We don't really have Uber in Japan. I don't know if they are still trying to operate Uber Black. But of the various car services that exists, my best guess is around 30,000 yen. 260 USD give and take. Call MK Taxi for the best prices.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
A quick test shows that Uber Black is still around. Just came up with a 28,000 yen suggestion for the drive.
JMM58 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by JMM58
How about if I take an UBER?
Distance between HND and NRT is 81 km (50 miles) by road. Many avoid taxi or UBER between HND and NRT because of that. You have 3 hrs. and 30 min. between your flight at HND and NRT. I have done NRT-HND transfer many times, if your arrival at HND is on time then you should be fine with taking Limousine Bus.

I will take that back. You arrived at HND on 15:00. Next Limousine bus departing HND International Terminal (soon to be rename Terminal 3) is at 16:10 and arrive at NRT Terminal 2 on 17:40, which is too late for baggage check-in for 18:30 flight. I you have carry-on only then will make it. Limousine Bus schedule has cushion in it for in case of traffic delay. More than a decade of transfer between HND and NRT on Limousine bus, I do not think I ever had a situation a bus arriving after the scheduled arrival time.
JMM58 likes this.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Feb 10, 2020 at 1:04 pm
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP,SPG GOLD,UA,AA,Kirs, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Distance between HND and NRT is 81 km (50 miles) by road. Many avoid taxi or UBER between HND and NRT because of that. You have 3 hrs. and 30 min. between your flight at HND and NRT. I have done NRT-HND transfer many times, if your arrival at HND is on time then you should be fine with taking Limousine Bus.

I will take that back. You arrived at HND on 15:00. Next Limousine bus departing HND International Terminal (soon to be rename Terminal 3) is at 16:10 and arrive at NRT Terminal 2 on 17:40, which is too late for baggage check-in for 18:30 flight. I you have carry-on only then will make it. Limousine Bus schedule has cushion in it for in case of traffic delay. More than a decade of transfer between HND and NRT on Limousine bus, I do not think I ever had a situation a bus arriving after the scheduled arrival time.
Thanks I will only have carry -on
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
OP is going from Haneda, not to Haneda.
Urgh... apologies, completely misread that.

In that case there is indeed the train. One at 15:42 arr 17.14

If you miss it theres a limo bus at 16.08 arr 17.25

Still tight either way good luck!
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Urgh... apologies, completely misread that.

In that case there is indeed the train. One at 15:42 arr 17.14

If you miss it theres a limo bus at 16.08 arr 17.25

Still tight either way good luck!
Thank you all! just changed my connection till the next day and will spend a planned 24 hours in Tokyo
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Immigration, waiting for the next departure, and transport time will be an absolute minimum of 2hours.
I concur with 2 hours minimum.

Recent experience last month (this is best case when everything fell into place. I was specifically timing this as I've done this connection in the past a couple of times):
06:03 HND wheels down
06:12 at gate
06:15 deplane (from front Y in a 788)
06:19 completed immigration/customs (I had ABTC - no wait). Ran all the way to immigration (long)
06:21 at bus platform #5 . I bought ticket at kiosk
06:30 bus departs
07:37 Terminal 1 South Wing
07:50 NRT airside. Used Star Alliance fast track for security and ABTC for outbound immigration.

Only carry on and all BPs procured

Immigration inbound at HND is the big variable - lines can be long in the non-Japanese line. Immigration outbound at NRT has fast track (at least for Star Alliance) and from my experience, relatively quick in the early mornings.
JMM58 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:51 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by tide
I concur with 2 hours minimum.

Recent experience last month (this is best case when everything fell into place. I was specifically timing this as I've done this connection in the past a couple of times):
06:03 HND wheels down
06:12 at gate
06:15 deplane (from front Y in a 788)
06:19 completed immigration/customs (I had ABTC - no wait). Ran all the way to immigration (long)
06:21 at bus platform #5 . I bought ticket at kiosk
06:30 bus departs
07:37 Terminal 1 South Wing
07:50 NRT airside. Used Star Alliance fast track for security and ABTC for outbound immigration.

Only carry on and all BPs procured

Immigration inbound at HND is the big variable - lines can be long in the non-Japanese line. Immigration outbound at NRT has fast track (at least for Star Alliance) and from my experience, relatively quick in the early mornings.

I changed my connection to the next day - THANKS to everyone's feedback!!!
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
I believe Grab bought out Uber when Uber pulled out of Southeast Asia. I have found it depends on the country, the Uber App may still work but it's actually Grab.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craig44485
I believe Grab bought out Uber when Uber pulled out of Southeast Asia. I have found it depends on the country, the Uber App may still work but it's actually Grab.
I don't know if it actually Grab running Uber in Japan, I'd be surprised as they don't have an actual presence in Japan. But Uber is only Uber Black, and I would imagine that might just be the limo taxis of certain taxis companies that are behind.

The taxi industry is very regulated in Japan, so the Uber, Grab, Lyft, etc. business model is basically not allowed.. And I would imagine the number of private people with a car wanting to drive strangers is pretty low. But let's not turn this thread in to an ride sharing technicality thread.

Suffice to say, the Uber App will book a car to go between the airports it will set the rider back 28K+ yen.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Originally Posted by craig44485
Uber is still Uber in Japan, although they've partnered with limo car companies to provide the service. I'd say there are about 100 - 200 Uber Black drivers in Tokyo and the service is more costly than regular taxis. I use Uber Black for trips to Haneda, as they are basically the same price as a taxi and also for local trips when there are more than 4 passengers. Usually, if we have a business meeting or event and there are 5 or 6 people, it's more cost effective to hire an Uber Black Van compared to two taxis.

Grab is planning to enter the Japan market this year by partnering with one of the large taxi companies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.