Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 nights in Tokyo, 5 nights in Osaka, where should we stay the last 3 nights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmandrew
I changed a few things, first night say at the Tokyo Bay to use our $250 resort credit - land at HND 5 pm so will just want to go to sleep - I assume the airport bus will take us there? We then move to the downtown Hilton for 3 nights - the Conrad Osaka for 6 nights. This will leave the last 2 nights open; our plane doesn’t leave HND until 5 pm. If we decide on Kanazawa for these 2 nights would it be a problem getting to HND by 2 pm or so?
it isn’t a problem unless it is a problem.

Kanazawa to Tokyo by rail isn’t as regular a service as between Osaka and Tokyo. There were also problems with typhoons last year that means that there aren’t back up trains if some unexpected problems arise.
And once you’re in Tokyo, delays between Tokyo/Hamamatsucho and Haneda do occur. They aren’t as rare and strange as some would have you believe.
Sure, you could leave Kanazawa after 8:30am and arrive in good time for your departing HND flight.
Or you might not.
I’d suggest allowing at least another hour to deal with unexpected events or circumstances. If the trains aren’t running properly between Tokyo and Haneda there are different routes, and if all else fails you can get a taxi.
In your case, you might want to look at getting a flight to HND from Komatsu airport.
Insurance that would cover a missed connection would also be advisable.
It isn’t a risk I would personally take, I just don’t have the kind of money that would be needed to rectify things if my plan failed. I’ve messed up before getting between Nippori and NRT. I’d handle it fine now, but as a noob I got on my flight purely through airport staff kindness and luck.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LapLap
it isn’t a problem unless it is a problem.

Kanazawa to Tokyo by rail isn’t as regular a service as between Osaka and Tokyo. There were also problems with typhoons last year that means that there aren’t back up trains if some unexpected problems arise.
And once you’re in Tokyo, delays between Tokyo/Hamamatsucho and Haneda do occur. They aren’t as rare and strange as some would have you believe.
Sure, you could leave Kanazawa after 8:30am and arrive in good time for your departing HND flight.
Or you might not.
I’d suggest allowing at least another hour to deal with unexpected events or circumstances. If the trains aren’t running properly between Tokyo and Haneda there are different routes, and if all else fails you can get a taxi.
In your case, you might want to look at getting a flight to HND from Komatsu airport.
Insurance that would cover a missed connection would also be advisable.
It isn’t a risk I would personally take, I just don’t have the kind of money that would be needed to rectify things if my plan failed. I’ve messed up before getting between Nippori and NRT. I’d handle it fine now, but as a noob I got on my flight purely through airport staff kindness and luck.
I’m taking your advice first 3 nights Hilton Tokyo - 5 nights at Osaka Conrad ; JR pass to Kanazawa- stay until 4 pm or so the next day then use our last train day to Tokyo Bay for our last 2 nights (weekend cert + resort credit)
Thanks to everyone
LapLap likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.