Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Best hotel for overnight at Narita on points or cash? and Lounges in the terminal th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel for overnight at Narita on points or cash? and Lounges in the terminal th

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb

My husband and I fly from Kona to Honolulu and on to Narita next month. We are flying Hawaiian Air, and I'm not sure what terminal it flies into. We leave the next day at 10:40 AM for Hong Kong. We had stayed in a hotel inside Narita many years ago, but there no longer appears to be a hotel in the airport. We would like to stay at a hotel that has frequent free shuttles and whose rooms block out the airport noise. We have mid-tier status and points with most hotel programs, but could also pay for a night. After a lot of hours flying in business class (on points), we'd like to stay in a nice room. Free breakfast would be nice, but we could probably have breakfast in a lounge. We are flying Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. I'm not sure what terminal it flies out of and if they have a good lounge there. Or would we be using Priority Club or Amex Centurion lounge? We'd appreciate any suggestions.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
The Hilton, the ANA Crown Plaza and the Hotel Nikko are all far enough off-site that they should be away from airport noise and all have shuttle service and good restaurants. I'd think any of the 3 would serve your purposes well. I'd use whichever I could get for points. Note that none of them are in "tourist areas" so you'd pretty much be staying at the hotel during your stay.
ksandness likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Aloha konaflyer,

The Hilton Narita airport is reported to be quite nice ( More details on the Hilton forum). There is no lounge but you should get free breakfast and an upgrade as a diamond

Hawaiian moves to T2 today ( 25th March)

If you have time you could go into Narita town as it is supposed to be nice with temples etc.

Cathay leaves from T2.

The Cathay lounge in Narita is ok (and a worse experience than the HND lounge and of course the Hong Kong lounges.) The Cathay forum has a lot of posts suggesting that the lounge shoud be renovated.

If you are in business or have OW status you could visit the other OW lounges

JAL Sakura ( main building and Satellite)
AA ( Main building)
Qantas ( Satellite)

The AA and Qantas lounges were pretty good for business lounges. I'm not sure about the JAL sakura lounges as I went to the JAL First lounges with my OWE card. I would probably go to AA or Qantas over the Cathay lounge ( Qantas was quiet in the morning when I was there as the Qantas flights leave in the late afternoon whereas the Cathay lounge was fairly busy)

You can walk from the Satellite to the main terminal in about 5mins.

I do not think Amex has a lounge in NRT

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 25, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
AMEX lounges are for Japanese AMEX card holders only.

Priority Pass has lounges, LAND side. Paid entrance is only 1000 yen, so set your expectation accordingly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.