Same day luggage transport between NRT - HND

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,

Hey all,

We arrive to NRT at 8:45 AM, and depart HND at 21:50 PM. We desperately want to spend the day re-visiting all of our favorite hot spots in Tokyo, but are coming off of a 1 month honeymoon so have luggage that we don't want to lug around the city all day. We will have one carry-on each. We will be visiting the Shibuya and Shimokitazawa neighborhoods.

Is there a same day service where we can drop our bags off at NRT, and pick them up at HND on the same day? If not, what other options do we have?

We will be visiting Shibuya first, and then Shimokitazawa, so I guess we could NRT express to Shibuya, store our luggage, train to Shimo and then back to Shibuya, grab our bags, and head to HND? That would be plan B.

Thanks!

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Aug 28, 2017 at 10:21 am
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Same question was asked few years ago. Answer is it will be very expensive doing same day baggage delivery form NRT to HND, cheaper to hire a taxi for entire day from NRT to HND stopping at points in Tokyo.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:36 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
The airport luggage transport service I think is next day delivery, even if there is same day then you would have to either wait for the office to open at NRT and arrive before close at HND which is also not ideal.

I would store at Shinagawa station as that's likely the transfer station you would have to visit between NRT-Shibuya-HND.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Same day service to Tokyo 23 wards, Kawasaki, ... (Haneda is within that). But whether to the airport itself is possible is another matter.

https://www.jalabc.com/delivery_serv..._delivery.html

Cutoff time: 11 am (standard service) or 3 pm (premium service +300yen)

Airport counters open at 6 am.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Thanks all. Storing bags at Shinagawa wouldnt be the end of the world. Can I buy a ticket on NEX from NRT to Shibuya, and get off at Shinagawa to store my bags, and then continue on to Shibuya on the NEX ticket?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:21 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Thanks all. Storing bags at Shinagawa wouldnt be the end of the world. Can I buy a ticket on NEX from NRT to Shibuya, and get off at Shinagawa to store my bags, and then continue on to Shibuya on the NEX ticket?
The fare on JR between Shinagawa and Shibuya is only 170 Yen so it's not really a big deal in my opinion if you have to exit the station.

Also, check to make sure your luggage actually fits. You'll need cash too for them, going early helps as they usually fill up by mid day.

http://coinlockersearch.com/shinagawa.html
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I thought there were some lockers inside the ticketed area near Ecute. If so, then you could continue on using the same tix. Otherwise plenty of lockers outside of the ticketed area, although the ticket then becomes invalid. As jix says, it's not a big deal price-wise to have to exit the station. Note that there's a limited number of the larger lockers big enough for suitcases. So no guarantees that they'll be available, but I think your chances are fairly good.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Supposedly real time locker availability tool - you can specify what size to look for:

https://www.coinlocker-navi.com/area...ast-shinagawa/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.