Search

Where to hang out in Haneda

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:13 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Smile

Originally Posted by Taiwaned
What about the ANA and JAL hangar tours. They are a great 90 minutes each tour.

I did the JAL tour a few months ago, it was really neat to go to the actual hanger floor.

While I haven't been yet, there is also the Takubin tour. Japanese logistics company (like FedEx) - they have their factory tour at Haneda airport.

There is also a museum of flight on the airport grounds.

If you only have 4 hour layover, there are lots of neat ways to "hang" out.

They also have a great observation deck to watch landing and takeoffs.
Coincidentally I've just finished my JL/AA bug fare MR with AA26 and managed to secure spots for both ANA and JAL hangar tours in 24-hour time. Both tours were great! It's a relatively difficult to reserve a spot since it's quite popular, but there are always people cancelling their reservations from time to time so anyone interested should always go back to their website to see if there are new spots being released.

Didn't know there is a Takkyubin tour but it sounds really cool! A good rec and one I should definitely try next time!

Last edited by tya; Jun 27, 2016 at 2:01 am
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Hanger:
https://terriblywrite.files.wordpres.../12/hanger.png

Hangar:
http://www.jberlife.com/wp-content/u...-5-628x418.jpg

Hamburger:
http://dolcecarini.com/wp-content/up...eeseburger.jpg

Hambagu:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z2Kz47UTBM...s1600/hbf2.jpg
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:03 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
thanks for the correction
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:27 pm

How much time should I allow for the entire layover if I want to do either the NH/JL hangar tours?

Never knew there's such tours and am considering transiting in HND just for the tours...

Most likely will be transiting domestic-international (or vice versa), depending on which timing works better.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by SQ319
How much time should I allow for the entire layover if I want to do either the NH/JL hangar tours?

Never knew there's such tours and am considering transiting in HND just for the tours...

Most likely will be transiting domestic-international (or vice versa), depending on which timing works better.
Tours are booked out months in advance. So I am not sure how this can work with your planning.

The tour is 90 minutes for ANA and 100 minutes for JAL. 2 tours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon for both tours.

You have to take the monorail from the airport to the station where the hangars are, and then some walking to the entrance. I guess allow for 30 minutes one way to/from the airport.

JAL tour facility has a small museum with exhibits related to the history of the company. There is no such thing for the ANA tour.

JAL also performs maintenance for government aircraft and you may see them in the hangar, with tighter securities. They had retired people to be chaperones for the small groups going to the hangar floor, and likely to speak some English. ANA had young women doing that job and no English whatever.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by beep88
Tours are booked out months in advance. So I am not sure how this can work with your planning.

The tour is 90 minutes for ANA and 100 minutes for JAL. 2 tours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon for both tours.

You have to take the monorail from the airport to the station where the hangars are, and then some walking to the entrance. I guess allow for 30 minutes one way to/from the airport.

JAL tour facility has a small museum with exhibits related to the history of the company. There is no such thing for the ANA tour.

JAL also performs maintenance for government aircraft and you may see them in the hangar, with tighter securities. They had retired people to be chaperones for the small groups going to the hangar floor, and likely to speak some English. ANA had young women doing that job and no English whatever.
Well, no harm trying, no?? My travel dates are flexible, so when i travel is not an issue. We may not do the transit immediately, we may choose to stay one (or a few) night in Tokyo instead. So anything goes at the moment.

80 minutes is the min connection time for international-domestic (on ANA) so add to that another 100 minutes for the tour, and also travel time to/from the hanger. I'm thinking 4-5 hours transit time is the mimimum?

Thanks for sharing the differences between the tours!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.