Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Where to hang out in Haneda

Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite

I am flying in from Hong Kong to Haneda and then taking Haneda-SFO flight 4 hours later. I know United doesn't have a lounge in Haneda. The ANA Lounge closes at 9:20 pm. So, I will use the Sky Lounge (with AmEx Platinum card)?

Does anybody know?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I'm doing a similar trip in April and was wondering the same thing. I also have Amex Platinum, but don't see any priority pass lounges at HND.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
According to the *A lounge finder, the ANA lounge at HND is open until 2430 (which btw is an interesting way to indicate time)

ANA Lounge
International Terminal
level 4,near Gate#110
6:30-24:30

Added: Just found it on the ANA website as well
https://www.ana.co.jp/topics/notice1...e/index_e.html

Location : Inside the current ANA SUITE LOUNGE, at Haneda Airport International Terminal

Opening Hours : 19:30~24:30*
*Opening hours may change according to the international flight schedule.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Only certain geographic Amex Plat cards are accepted in that lounge that takes Amex Plat. I could not get in with a UK issued Amex Plat (Eurodollar ICC)
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Thanks. I was looking at Haneda's site.

ANA's site says:

Lounge Operating Hours
Near Gate 110: 5:00 AM - 1:00 AM
* If you are boarding a Star Alliance Member Flight departing before 5:00 AM, you may enter the lounge prior to the aforementioned opening time.
Near Gate 114: 6:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA GS & Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold (MM)
The ANA lounge there is relatively nice. Decent selection of food, and Japanese beer :-)
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
HND is close enough to the city that you actually have time, with 4 hours, to enter Tokyo if you like.

The Keikyu Line train will take you on a 10–15 minute, 410-yen journey to Shinagawa, which is itself kind of gritty commercial and boring but has some nice little parks and, at certain times of day, an amazing view of salarymen commuting. (Walking in the opposite direction from everyone else at Shinagawa to/from the Shinkansen tracks feels like being a salmon swimming upstream.) There's a solid set of food stalls near the station (although plenty of food at HND airport too, so don't go out of your way.)

There's a good rail connection from Shinagawa to Shinjuku or Shibuya (15-20 minute journey), both of which are great for wandering around aimlessly for a little while if you like that kind of thing. (I thought the yakitori stalls in the alleyway next to Shinjuku station were really cool to see.) You can also get to those more interesting places via monorail+train — consult your map or a local for directions.

You probably also have time — although it would be a bit tight — to walk to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building observation deck near Shinjuku station, open daily with last admission at 22:30, and accessible in as little as 46 min from HND depending on the route you take (consult Google Maps, which is fine for this). Great views from the 45th floor, free!

It all depends what kind of thing you like. HND airport is also perfectly fine airside (or landside) retail and food.

But I once had a great time on a 4h10min layover at KIX which we spent actually entering the suburbs and seeing some of the country, and with 4 hours at HND I think you similarly have time to explore a little bit if you like. Why go somewhere if you're not going to go there?

(This is kind of a hypocritical opinion because I just spent 5 hrs airside at CGK…)
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by mherdeg
HND is close enough to the city that you actually have time, with 4 hours, to enter Tokyo if you like.
I would be very concerned about clearing customs and then having to get back through security in that time. 6-7 hours yes, but 4? Plus at night, its much harder to see things.

As others have said, the ANA lounge is open until the last *A flights are out. It has nice showers and some good featured sakes. Plus the always fun beer machine...
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:59 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Where this is more about "hanging out" at Haneda airport vas flying United, I'll move this over to the Japan forum

goalie
UA Forum Co-moderator
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by spin88
I would be very concerned about clearing customs and then having to get back through security in that time. 6-7 hours yes, but 4? Plus at night, its much harder to see things.

As others have said, the ANA lounge is open until the last *A flights are out. It has nice showers and some good featured sakes. Plus the always fun beer machine...
I wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned. There's no luggage and no check in so there's easily enough time to catch a train into town, spend a couple of hours looking around, grab some food or some drinks and then head back. Far more interesting than hanging about at Haneda
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:42 pm
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
This seems to be an inactive post, but I ran across it when I tried to research for HND lounge option.

Anyway, my leaving this message is simply to encourage anyone having a layover at HND to go landside. 4 hour is definitely sufficient, given the Japanese efficiency. I don't find any problem clearing arrival immigration. For departure, use the new "North" departure checkpoint. Most people simply went to the "Center" one intuitively after checking-in, but my experience is that there are fewer traffic at the North checkpoint. Don't even need to use VIP lane to breeze through security and passport control.

HND is really a fun airport. The international terminal itself has many shops/restaurants to explore. There are also easy and frequent shuttle buses, free of charge, bringing you to the two domestic terminals. All three terminals are equipped with observation deck. And there are many souvenir shops and JAL/ANA stores inside both domestic terminal. It's really a paradise for any AVGeek imho.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
I'm flying AA 26 HND-LAX which departs at 0100. I'll will be arriving to the airport after touring the city for the day. Which lounge should I use? Where can I shower? Any recommended restaurants? It's my first time and I'm excited!
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
I'm flying AA 26 HND-LAX which departs at 0100. I'll will be arriving to the airport after touring the city for the day. Which lounge should I use? Where can I shower? Any recommended restaurants? It's my first time and I'm excited!
Do you have an access to lounge by status? If you are AAdvantage Executive Platinum then definitely JAL First Class lounge. If you are accessing lounge by class of service (flying business class) or AAdvantage Platinum then JAL Sakura Lounge or Cathay Pacific Lounge. However, looks like Cathay Pacific lounge is open that late night for Dragon Air and service is limited, not full service that time of the day. Although I have not visited Cathay Pacific lounge at HND, could be that JAL Sakura Lounge will be better since Cathay Pacific Lounge will be limited service that time of the day.

For restaurant, there are more choices before passport control/security check. Once you come out to gate area after passport control and security check, then you cannot walk back to non-secure side of the terminal. If you are looking for restaurants, then make sure you check out before you go through passport control/security check.

There is shower at JAL Lounge. There is also paid shower facility at the terminal, but if you have a lounge access then shower at the lounge is free.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Do you have an access to lounge by status? If you are AAdvantage Executive Platinum then definitely JAL First Class lounge. If you are accessing lounge by class of service (flying business class) or AAdvantage Platinum then JAL Sakura Lounge or Cathay Pacific Lounge. However, looks like Cathay Pacific lounge is open that late night for Dragon Air and service is limited, not full service that time of the day. Although I have not visited Cathay Pacific lounge at HND, could be that JAL Sakura Lounge will be better since Cathay Pacific Lounge will be limited service that time of the day.

For restaurant, there are more choices before passport control/security check. Once you come out to gate area after passport control and security check, then you cannot walk back to non-secure side of the terminal. If you are looking for restaurants, then make sure you check out before you go through passport control/security check.

There is shower at JAL Lounge. There is also paid shower facility at the terminal, but if you have a lounge access then shower at the lounge is free.
No status on AA. Flying business class so will have access to JAL Sakura Lounge due to class of service.

Will check out the restaurant land side.

Thank you!

ERQ
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
What about the ANA and JAL hanger tours. They are a great 90 minutes each tour.

I did the JAL tour a few months ago, it was really neat to go to the actual hanger floor.

While I haven't been yet, there is also the Takubin tour. Japanese logistics company (like FedEx) - they have their factory tour at Haneda airport.

There is also a museum of flight on the airport grounds.

If you only have 4 hour layover, there are lots of neat ways to "hang" out.

They also have a great observation deck to watch landing and takeoffs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.