Reload this Page >

Very long layover at KIX / Osaka Kansai airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very long layover at KIX / Osaka Kansai airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:43 am

If you have 5hrs, that’s enough time to head into town on Nankai Rapit train and spend a couple hours checking out Nanba area. You could consider that if the weathers ok and not too hot. Alternatively there’s also a shopping complex on the other side of the bridge that’s easy to get to.

if it were me, I’d just hang out at the airport but landside as suggested above. There’s a lot of stuff landside at KIX. And if JAL lounge is anything like the ANA lounge (small, no showers), I wouldn’t want to spend all 4hrs there.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: Delta
Agree with evergrn above about both Osaka and stay at airport plans. Another idea to consider though is going to Kobe by high-speed ferry. How about Kobe beef lunch?
https://www.kobe-access.jp/eng/
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Originally Posted by nishimark
Agree with evergrn above about both Osaka and stay at airport plans. Another idea to consider though is going to Kobe by high-speed ferry. How about Kobe beef lunch?
https://www.kobe-access.jp/eng/
This sounds interesting... but I took a look at the website, it seems the ferry goes from airport to airport. So after arriving in Kobe Airport, there is another ride into town? Would there be any good Kobe beef place near the airport or close to the train station?

Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Chihster
This sounds interesting... but I took a look at the website, it seems the ferry goes from airport to airport. So after arriving in Kobe Airport, there is another ride into town? Would there be any good Kobe beef place near the airport or close to the train station?

Thanks.
Check out Google Maps. Looks like a short walk from the Kobe Airport ferry pier to the airport's subway station where there is train service every 10 minutes or less during the day. Maybe 600 feet or so.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by mnbp
Check out Google Maps. Looks like a short walk from the Kobe Airport ferry pier to the airport's subway station where there is train service every 10 minutes or less during the day. Maybe 600 feet or so.
Actually, it's a monorail called Kobe Port Liner. They have direct access inside the airport. (Kobe airport is quite small.) There is a bus (2-3 minutes) from ferry terminal to airport. It takes about 18 minutes on the Port Liner from the Airport station to the main station in Kobe, called Sannomiya. Within 5 minutes of Sannomiya station must be a dozen or more Kobe Beef restaurants, as well as just about anything else.

Edit to note: Here is a Kobe Beef restaurant on Port Island, near the airport. You could take taxi or monorail. But Sannomiya isn't that much farther away.
https://gurunavi.com/en/c521200/rst/...jrKK6r0KDx66CV

All in all maybe not a huge time difference as compared to going to Osaka, but the ferry can be a refreshing experience and Kobe is certainly a great city in and of itself.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Thank you for the great information! I will do more homework on these to plan out our trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.